Did you mean: 

Would you or wouldn't you: the 360° infinity pool

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey guys, 

While I was off last week I read about this infinity pool idea, which looks dizzy

Designed by Compass Pools, it has got a 360-degree view, with transparent walls and floor all around, and would be located at the top of a skyscrapper in London. Entering and exiting it would be done via a submarine door/staircase. 

I'm afraid of heights and not a fan of water, so this probably is one I'll stay clear of. I was wondering though, would you go for a swim in this infinity pool or wouldn't you? 

Photo of water

thinking thinking thinking

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They used to have an outdoor lido in Rhyl, one of the places we used to go on holiday when I was a kiddie and I used to play in all afternoon....when it wasn't raining! It was great fun.

Around 10 ears ago my wife and I visited Kuala Lumpur and I swam in the infinity pool at the top of our 15 storey hotel. We were staying directly across from the Petronas. It was very surreal swimming to the side and looking across to the Towers and over the city. A little scary swimming to the edge but then you could see it was quite safe.

Message 11 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Oh I see, fair enough. I'd take all your amazing gig experiences anyday over a dip in this crazy infinity pool anyway wink

@jonsie That's amazing! I looked online for some images of infinity pools in Kuala Lumpur and the views are simply breathtaking. I don't suppose you have any pictures from that time?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I do have some @EmilieT but they are on an external harddrive in Rayong. There are a couple floating around the cloud so I'll have to try and search them out.

Message 13 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Nice, thanks @jonsie! I'd love to see some if you find any, either here or via PM, whatever you prefer slight_smile 

signature

Message 14 of 14