cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you need a mobile phone walking lane?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

Do you often walk along the street while checking your phone? Ever bump into someone/something while doing that? I've walked into a lamp post once myself... flushed

In a city in China, they have installed a separate mobile phone walking lane for these people, so they can safely walk along with their mobiles without the fear of bumping into anyone or walking into traffic. The lane is indicated with a mobile phone sign similarly to how you display a cycle lane etc.

What do you think, would this be useful in the UK too?

You can read more info on this in an article here!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

True story this I swear.....

Three years ago almost to the day, my son and I were visiting Ankor Wat in Cambodia and you couldn't move for the Chinese tourists, there were coach loads arriving every few minutes. You tried to take a photo and the ignorant people would just push in front of you to take selfie or group photos!

My son said, watch this....

He went to the edge of the path, took out his expensive camera and proceeded to take photos of the edge for the path. He moved away and within seconds a dozen Chinese replaced him and started taking photos of the exact same spot. It was crazy, there was nothing there.... only dust and gravel. That didn't stop them taking photos of absolutely nothing. They must have thought they were missing something!!

I might have done them an injustice....Some of them may well have been Japanese....:smileywink:

Message 11 of 12

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

True story this I swear.....

Three years ago almost to the day, my son and I were visiting Ankor Wat in Cambodia and you couldn't move for the Chinese tourists, there were coach loads arriving every few minutes. You tried to take a photo and the ignorant people would just push in front of you to take selfie or group photos!

My son said, watch this....

He went to the edge of the path, took out his expensive camera and proceeded to take photos of the edge for the path. He moved away and within seconds a dozen Chinese replaced him and started taking photos of the exact same spot. It was crazy, there was nothing there.... only dust and gravel. That didn't stop them taking photos of absolutely nothing. They must have thought they were missing something!!

I might have done them an injustice....Some of them may well have been Japanese....:smileywink:

LOL

Message 12 of 12