nauseated_face

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have gel and my wife carries it everywhere.

Using public loos, I wash, leave the tap running so I don't need to touch it, use the blower then wait for someone to come in or go out then I don't need to touch the door! I now find a crutch comes in handy for a lot of things....wink

Message 11 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have gel and my wife carries it everywhere.

Using public loos, I wash, leave the tap running so I don't need to touch it, use the blower then wait for someone to come in or go out then I don't need to touch the door! I now find a crutch comes in handy for a lot of things....wink

Yes, I find my cane very useful for the same reason @jonsie.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 30

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I have that with me too @Cleoriff

you are not alone!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

When you have worked in nursing and realise how many infections can be picked up by patients who came in without them, you realise pretty quickly the importance of hand washing and cleanliness.

I'm not proud of the fact that my ward, female orthopaedic, was one of the first in the Midlands to be stricken with the dreaded MRSA virus. 

We weren't the cause as it came to us via a patient who had been transferred from one of the large London Hospitals. The precautions we had to take were verging on the ridiculous. We were treated like pariahs at meal times with other staff refusing to sit by us.

All staff were swabbed as well as patients (It must have cost the NHS millions). To this day I still remember the horror of picking up the phone and hearing the words 'Sister, it's path lab, I'm afraid I have bad news'....meaning we had another patient with it and they had to go into isolation.

It was an old type Florence Nightingale type ward without cubicles, so once we had it, it was impossible to stop it.

Eventually we managed to close the ward, by using others for female admissions and we spend 3 solid weeks cleaning and scrubbing everything within an inch of it's life. When I say we, I mean every nurse, auxiliary and well as our own domestic staff) Every bed was dismantled and cleaned, store rooms, curtains, lockers etc etc etc etc.

We were unable to reopen until Path Lab took plates of swabs from everywhere and eventually gave us the thumbs up that we were clear.

It took a year. We were the reason that hand dispensers of antibacterial handrub were installed in every ward in the hospital.

So, although we always thought we knew everything about cleanliess pre MRSA...we certainly knew a lot more 'After the Apocalypse'...

Of course nowadays MRSA is simple to deal with, it's the resistant bacterial infections which came after, that cause the problems of today...

Blimey look at this,,, 'Cleo has written a book'....(again) sneezing_face mask

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Guilty too.. I don't handle toilet doors on the way out & I also carry gel.

If you get the timing right, someone will walk in as you’re about to leave, giving you an open door  wink

Another thing that makes me cringe, is being aware of people using their phone whilst having a pee. Surely that call can wait  Horrified

Message 15 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Clearly the call can't wait @Anonymous. Some people are attached to their phones. I love mine but there is a time and a place, and the toilet is neither anguished

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 30

TallTrees
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Shocked    Shocked    Shocked    Shocked     

No! please tell me that is only a joke @Anonymous ~ on phone and peeing same time Jaw-dropping When out and about this morning EVERYTHING is under suspicion., trolley handles, atm buttons Fear  Run out of hand steriliser already!     Crazy

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

No! please tell me that is only a joke @Anonymous ~ on phone and peeing same time Jaw-dropping When out and about this morning EVERYTHING is under suspicion., trolley handles, atm buttons Fear  Run out of hand steriliser already!     Crazy

@TallTrees wrote:

joy

Off you go back to the shops @TallTrees...and buy some more. In fact you better stock up....innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 30

TallTrees
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Yes thumbsup  will do

@Cleoriff

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 30