nauseated_face

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It doesn't suprise me in the slightest!!

People are very poor at washing their hands nowadays!

When I was in the services on our way to Brean a week or so ago, I was amazed by the number of people who walked into the toilets and straight back out again, avoiding the handwashing facilities as if they weren't there!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Nor me to be honest. I've seen exactly the same when eating out. I use the ladies, and the number of women who come in and go out without washing their hands, staggering and disgusting. I certainly wouldn't risk a meal in their homes!

Nor, to be honest am I now keen to go into any MacDonalds which has a touchscreen!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 30

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Glory1and its been witnessed....flick your hands/fingers as you are walking out in the pretence that the air dryer isn't working trying to dry them off when you've not gone anywhere near a tap...

So another reason not to use touchscreens in shops! I don't particularly like the idea of touchscreen ordering as it doesn't save anytime when ordering as you're too busy hammering the screen to register a response.

Message 4 of 30

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thanks for that  very upsetting to say the least!    frowning2@Anonymous

Hospitals are using them and my GP Surgery is using a touch-screen too.

However, particularly bad going from screen to eat food, not thinking about

bacteria on hands from the screens.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 30

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Hardly a surprise.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate using public toilets, because even after you’ve washed your hands, you’ve still got to touch a door handle on your way out, and that’s probably got all sorts of bacteria on it  thinking

I can’t remember the last time that I visited a McDonald’s, but it reminds me of a similar news article, that was written about some of the UK’s biggest coffee shop chains. It’s always concerned me, that people who are paid to handle food, are often expected to clean toilets as well. 

I don’t know if it’s standard practice across most European countries, but in Germany it’s quite common to see dedicated cleaning staff, not just in public toilets, but also for toilets provided in bars, cafes, and restaurants as well. It’s considered courteous to leave a small tip for the cleaner, but no one seems to mind, because the toilets are always kept clean. 

Message 7 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm not obsessive, really I'm not, though I have to admit to carrying a mini bottle of hand antiseptic in my bag when I'm out. Just 50ml...

Image result for carex mini antiseptic bittle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I'm not obsessive, really I'm not, though I have to admit to carrying a mini bottle of hand antiseptic in my bag when I'm out. Just 50ml...

Image result for carex mini antiseptic bittle

Don't blame you @Cleoriff and I admit I do as well. We're not obsessive, just aware of the 'better safe than sorry' adage.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guilty too.. I don't handle toilet doors on the way out & I also carry gel.
Message 10 of 30