cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mental Health Day

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a sufferrer of many years with Bi-Polar disorder ... & sufferring other ignorant people's beliefs of what that means to them eg split personality ... = ... which it certaily is not ... OK a day to mark poor mental health ... its a daily battle, often disguised ... I chose deliberately not to go out 'celebrating' ... the stats are the same as they were 20 years ago 1 in 4 people, at some time in their life, will have a mental health related illness

There are many people worse off than me, is what I say to myself when experiencing 'difficulties'

Cat

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
could I please join this wonderful forum ?? 🙏🙏xx

You already have Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Welcome @Anonymous. Lovely to have you here. We post all sorts of stuff in off topic....but there is a wealth of knowledge out in the main forum if you have any issues at all with your mobile phones. Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 26

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A big warm welcome @Anonymous

As someone who has their own mental issues for the last 29 years I can only admire people who can face it and discuss with others. I've had tremendous support from my wife (1st), therapists, doctors and particularly two ladies on here who have already posted on this thread so a big thank you to them. They know who they are.

When I first had problems back in 1986 people could never understand. It wasn't discussed openly and people were far less understanding than these days. It was a stigma back then but there is so much help and support out there now. For the last few years there were many times I didn't want to wake up in the morning but my children pulled me through. I have a new life now and depression still happens at regular intervals particularly when sat alone just thinking f things that were. 

I urge people to get help if they need it. Don't be embarrassed, don't feel ashamed as I once did which made matters even worse. There have been many medical breakthroughs this year but people rarely mention the dedicated professionals who are now specially trained to help with the stress of day to day life as more and more research is done into mental unbalance. Unsung heroes and very much undervalued.

Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous its good to have you on the forum Welcome

Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

this year's WMHD theme was dignity ... there was, apparently, a pin board & the top posting was 'respect' I would like it to be acceptance, but I'd not planned on going to the 'do' in the town's library as have seen what they're like before ... I'd have posted 'there is no dignity in mental health' ... but ... maybe I was, as my mum used to say of me as a kid ... = ... 'just that way out' att 

@jonsie thank you for your post above  ^  ^  ^

you have a very eloquent way of speaking at times 

Message 15 of 26

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I speak from the heart Jane but maybe I spoke to openly. Maybe people's perception of me has changed. But this is me. I'm long past the embarrassment and shame This is 2015 and thank god people are now so aware

You smile and joke but inside you aren't in a good place. I mask my problems as we all do.

My kids think everything is good but far from it in fact.I don't want them to worry about me. Their happiness comes above any of my feelings. How you are is a state of mind. A big part of me died three years ago. My only reason to live went. Still now, I could care less if I wake up tomorrow.  This is me and no amount of councilling or medication  can change that.

Been there, done that and got umpteen teeshirts. 

My kids will miss me no doubt but they have already lost their mum so they know that  one day I will also be gone. This is life. and this is me. I want them to think that I died with peace of mind. This is me.  I am what I am. I come with my personal demons. Accept or ignore the facts, this is me.

Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I don't think you speak too openly @jonsie. I think you speak from the heart. My perceptions of you will never change.....Good man Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Lovely posts from you guys..and for the record I think even MORE of you now after sharing that. Life isn't easy, and we all have things we struggle with every day. Thank God for the amazing people here that try to help each other in so many ways..kudos to all of you my friends xx

giphy-3
Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

like @CleoriffI don't think you speak too openly @jonsie

I think very highly of you & you are a strong person

me ... what's the worst that can happen ? ... I've been called a nutter right outside my own front gate, but I gave as good as I got 'cos that person had a reputation of being known as the w--r- of town ... nice to get one back for all that person had done to others ... she left town soon after

I agree with everything you have posted above  ^  ^  ^ & I protect my son from when knowing when I'm really not well ... he is my reason for living ... he is the Shining Light in my Life ... Peace of Mind is a very precious thing

@Cairdeas you come across as a very caring person, if I may say so

maybe I've said too much jonsie, but nowadays people accept me as I am or they can sod off & I accept myself as I am ... I lead a quiet life & it suits me

Cat

Message 19 of 26

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you Jane. .as do you 😊 I'm a full time carer so I know only too well the prejudices you guys speak of. I have spoken my mind on occasion too..but we can't change ignorance. Stay strong, and you have good friends here if you ever need to chat/vent wink x

giphy-3
Message 20 of 26