Word Hunt Diamond - Game 74 Tues 31 Aug 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25162 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 74

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

P

A      B

E     Y     R

T     U

L

This week`s target is 74 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter word.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter Y.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, BABY isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter Y

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

PLEASE NOTE: I will have to call a STOP to the game periodically so I can give updates of words found. Please be patient and wait whilst this is being done and hope it does not cause too much delay or disruption to the game. 

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff   @Anonymous   @pgn   @Anonymous   @BobM   @Bambino   @gmarkj   @Projectionist   @MI5 

@TheresaV   @TallTrees   @jonsie   @LukasB 

any member who has not played before or has not played for a while; and any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 74 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and

the one nine-letter word, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 157
156 REPLIES 156

Mi-Amigo
  • 25162 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

CONGRATULATIONS MiAmigo_0-1630417828454.gif@Bambino  

TYPEBAR was the last word to find in the list in this Word Hunt Diamond game

and CONGRATULATIONS to @Cleoriff on finding the nine-letter word and finding the most words not in the list before the end of the game.

Thank you

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @TheresaV  @gmarkj  @Bambino  @pgn 

for taking part in this game.

I hope you all enjoyed this Word Hunt Game.

Well done everyone in your team effort in finding the 74 words in the list in the source used for this game and 13 words not in the list before the end of the game; plus four words - PURTY; PYRAL; TYPABLE; RAYLET - not in the list found after game completed - making a total of 17 words not in the list but in dictionaries so allowed. 

The Word Hunt Diamond will be back next Tuesday - 07 Sept 2021 with a different target and different set of letters and different red-letter. I hope all the Diamond Dogs of Words will join in next Tuesday.

To add to the fun, from next week I`ll be giving awards

star for finding the nine-letter word

trophy  for finding the last word in the list

dog  [Diamond Dog] for finding the most words not in the list but in dictionaries

Thank you all your patience and playing slightly slower and for stopping the game so I could do the Updates.

MiAmigo_1-1630417828452.gif

@Mi-Amigo 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 151 of 157

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Thank you @Mi-Amigo. Well done @Cleoriff and everyone else. Late to the game again, as usual, but I enjoy it anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 152 of 157

Mi-Amigo
  • 25162 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino 

Pleased you enjoyed the game and well done on finding the last word in the list.

Please don`t apologise for when you join in. Given the time difference, I - and I`m sure the other players - do appreciate you taking part. Thank you.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 153 of 157

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Great game, thank you @Mi-Amigo 😊

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 154 of 157

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Just caught this. Well done @Bambino  for finding the last word. Great game @Mi-Amigo and thanks for running it. Love the idea of awards for those things you mention above. 🤣

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 155 of 157

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Well done all, and thank you @Mi-Amigo - I was busy, but was able to dip in and out at times, and glad it was a slower burner today 🕯👍

Message 156 of 157

Mi-Amigo
  • 25162 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV  @Cleoriff  @pgn 

Pleased you enjoyed the game.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 157 of 157