Word Hunt Diamond - Game 72 Tues 17 Aug 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 72

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

D

E       I

F     M     N

O      U

R

This week`s target is 71 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter words.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter M.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, MOON isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter M

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

PLEASE NOTE: As this is the first WHD after the changes to the New Look Community, I will have to call a STOP to the game periodically so I can give updates of words found. Please be patient and wait whilst this is being done and hope it does not cause too much delay or disruption to the game. 

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff   @Anonymous   @pgn   @Anonymous   @BobM   @Bambino   @gmarkj   @Projectionist   @MI5 

@TheresaV   @TallTrees   @jonsie   @LukasB 

any member who has not played before or has not played for a while; and any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 71 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and

the one nine-letter word, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 145
144 REPLIES 144

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4304 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah well @Mi-Amigo not as bad as we thought.  You did well, thank you for coping.  Well done goes to @Cleoriff - was a good game.

Message 131 of 145

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Crikey!! Sorry about trying to add L twice rofl Great game and well done everyone.

Not sure how it was for @Mi-Amigo but I had no problem at all. I had two tabs open so I could check if the OP appeared anywhere and it didn't. Just the once when the game was started. As it should be!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 132 of 145

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo Well done and thanks for the game 👍

Message 133 of 145

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yeah...mind you don't cut your throat @Anonymous rofl NO L 😍

No chance of that I use a safety razor and wear a helmet and goggles.

It was an L of a game though! 🤣

Message 134 of 145

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @BobM and @Cleoriff and @Anonymous 

Pleased you enjoyed the game and didn`t have any problems during it.

I must admit that the game went more smoothly than I imagined it would - due largely to the Diamond Dogs of Words going at a slightly slower pace which gave me a chance to check and post replies and edit and add to post when necessary. Likewise, I much appreciate everyone stopping the game when I asked so I could work on the Updates, the posting of which was easier than I though it would be after the previous problem I had with the size of the Reply Box had been resolved.

Let us all hope that next week`s WHD goes equally well and the players who missed today`s WHD - including @Bambino  @TheresaV @Projectionist  @TallTrees  @jonsie - will be able to join in next week`s WHD.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 135 of 145

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well done all and @Cleoriff for first and final words 🌞

I had to multitask at points today, so dipped in and out as time availed.

Thanks, @Mi-Amigo for running it - hopefully it went well enough to run one next Tuesday 🤨🤣

And I loved the Muzak interludes, @Anonymous - class comment 👍😉

Message 136 of 145

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Well done everyone. Busy so not much chance to join in - and not many words left when I did!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 137 of 145

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to add @Mi-Amigo , I left this thread and checked another query (overwriting the thread as it were) When I saw more comments had been made, I came back to it from a different post and the thread had the OP at the top of it. So until it's sorted the trick is, open a WHD thread and keep it open as I did and you WON'T see the OP at all until you finish and leave the thread. wink I am using a PC though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 138 of 145

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry to have missed the game @Mi-Amigo 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 139 of 145

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to add @Mi-Amigo , I left this thread and checked another query (overwriting the thread as it were) When I saw more comments had been made, I came back to it from a different post and the thread had the OP at the top of it. So until it's sorted the trick is, open a WHD thread and keep it open as I did and you WON'T see the OP at all until you finish and leave the thread. wink I am using a PC though.

Yes it's annoying, also when you answer a specific post on a thread you still see the original thread starting post above it. A lot of the time this makes no sense as the original post is no longer the conversation.

Message 140 of 145