Word Hunt Diamond - Game 71

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 71

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

A

E      I

D    B     K

N     R

W

This week`s target is 76 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter words.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter B.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, BEER isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter B

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

I will endeavour to give regular updates on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found.

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @pgn  @Anonymous  @BobM  @gmarkj  @Projectionist  @Bambino  @MI5 

@TheresaV  @TallTrees  @jonsie  @LukasB 

any member who has not played before or has not played for a while; and any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 76 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and

the one nine-letter word, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 156
155 REPLIES 155

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo. Always enjoyable. Well done @Cleoriff and everyone. Glad I was able to get a couple in at the end.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 151 of 156

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well done @Bambino and @Cleoriff - and thanks for running a challenging word hunt this week @Mi-Amigo - having to remember BRIK as a Tunisian dish was quite a feat. 😆

Message 152 of 156

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well done @Bambino  for finding the last word. Thanks one and all. Special thanks to @Mi-Amigo  for a great WHD. joy

Took some time....Crikey, no records broken today LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 153 of 156

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous @TheresaV @Bambino @pgn @Cleoriff 

Pleased you all enjoyed the game. 

Well done @Bambino on finding the last word, and @Cleoriff on finding the nine-letter word; and it was a great team effort.

Despite the target being in the usual range of 75 to 80 words and a large number of words beginning with the red-letter B, I did think that this was a harder Word Hunt Diamond, with some obscure words in the list, and took much longer than usual to solve.

I hope all of you - and those who missed out this time - will be able to take part in next week`s WHD.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 154 of 156

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Well done everyone. Except me who's only contribution was a word that had already been found!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 155 of 156

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking part @gmarkj 

With words being posted quickly, it`s easy to give a word which has already been given. I think you`ll find most, if not all, have done so at one time.

Hopefully you`ll have the chance to play for longer and find more words next week.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 156 of 156