Word Hunt Diamond - Game 70

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 70

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

R

S      T

A    D    B

I     U

Y

This week`s target is 79 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter words.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter D.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, BUDDY isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter D

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

I will endeavour to give regular updates on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found.

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @pgn   @Anonymous  @BobM @gmarkj  @Projectionist  @Bambino  @MI5 

@TheresaV  @TallTrees  @jonsie  @O2EmmaLouise 

any member who has not played before, or any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 79 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and

the one nine-letter word, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Mi-Amigo
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry you missed out on today`s WHD @Bambino as I know how much you enjoy the games and much appreciate you making what for you is such an early start. Today`s game did go remarkably quickly.

I`ll have a think about @pgn `s suggestion for a future game to start a little later as a "one-off", but I would still like to keep WHD to Tuesdays as it fits in around WRQ, does not clash with other events and is more convenient for me in running it. I`ll take into account any feedback on this from other regular Diamond Dogs of Words and I`m quite happy to go along with whatever the players would prefer.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 161 of 164

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My thoughts for what they are worth.

I'm happy enough with the start time as I'm up by 7am and usually go for a siesta about 2pm. That's purely selfish I know but I'm being honest.

I also understood that the start time suited @Mi-Amigo who runs two WRQ's a week and the rest of the time is sorting out questions and letters for the WHD.

@pgnI thought you once said Tuesdays were difficult for you, due to work commitments?

I would love @Bambino to join in as he is a great wordsmith, so he better move back to London (joking) joy

I certainly would have no objection  to the WHD starting later as a one off though. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 162 of 164

Mi-Amigo
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for your comments.

To be honest, the WHD is on Tuesday because it is better for me as it fits in between the WRQs and gives me time [usually over the weekend] to search out and compile the lists for the next WHD, although I do appreciate that maybe @pgn and others might find Tuesday is busy for them with work and/or other commitments.

As to the timing of WHD, the posting of the WHD thread at around 8.15-8.30 is again convenient for me, and until very recently quite a few of the WHD "regulars" were online around that time. I appreciate that some of your recent wordsmiths are joining in later and, in the case of @Bambino there is the time difference, so with fewer playing early on the game and/or with a bigger target the WHD might go on for longer than usual.

I`ll keep in mind all of the comments and, may, at some point trial WHD with a later start. When this is due, I will give plenty of advanced notice so everyone is aware.

Thank you everyone for your interest and support - and, more importantly, for taking part in WHD and making it fun. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 163 of 164

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
I perfectly understand, @Mi-Amigo - the quiz works because it is in a slot that best fits everyone's schedule. It was just a crazy thought, on those days when the Diamond Dogs are on a roll and 4hours or less sees it done.
Don't change a good thing - a regular slot is better than a movable feast.
Message 164 of 164