Word Hunt Diamond - Game 67

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25024 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 67

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

B

K      L

C     D     E

N     O

U

This week`s target is 77 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter word.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter D.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, DULL isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter D

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

I will endeavour to give regular updates on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found.

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @Anonymous  @Anonymous  @BobM  @gmarkj  @Projectionist @Bambino  @TheresaV 

@TallTrees  @O2EmmaLouise  @jonsie @LukasB 

any member who has not played before, or any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 77 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and

the nine-letter word, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

Mi-Amigo
  • 25024 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff and @BobM and @Anonymous 

Pleased you enjoyed the game.

It was indeed a race to the finish and what I found interesting [and fun?] was - after @Anonymous gave KENDO as a correct word - there were a lot of words not in the list before the final phase.

Well done to @Cleoriff for finding the nine-letter word and the last word.

It seems that a grid with a target of around 75+ generates this sort of response, so I`ll try and find one with a similar target for next week.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 141 of 147

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Oh boy I was away for too long and it's all over already sweat_smile

Well done everyone, this was amazing. And thank you @Mi-Amigo for creating this smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 142 of 147

Mi-Amigo
  • 25024 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV for taking part.

Sorry you missed out, as the Diamond Dogs of Words - notably @Anonymous @Cleoriff and @BobM - were in overdrive [I reckon @Anonymous and @Cleoriff with their love of F1 might like that expression wink] towards the end of this time.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 143 of 147

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thank you @TheresaV for taking part.

Sorry you missed out, as the Diamond Dogs of Words - notably @Anonymous @Cleoriff and @BobM - were in overdrive [I reckon @Anonymous and @Cleoriff with their love of F1 might like that expression wink] towards the end of this time.

Yes @Mi-Amigo  me and @Anonymous  had the DAS system going on our cars today rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 144 of 147

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35227 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Wow, record game this week - no mental blocks anywhere rofl

Motto this week: you snooze, you lose! 🎱

Well done all you Diamond Dogs 😎

Message 145 of 147

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Wow, record game this week - no mental blocks anywhere rofl

Motto this week: you snooze, you lose! 🎱

Well done all you Diamond Dogs 😎

I snoozed big time then @pgn upside_downjoy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 146 of 147

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

One game I love but would never run it.

When you think of all the words you have to set up to get a game going, then you have one word answers fired at you every second!

Add to that you have to list all the words and check the weirds ones. Finally make a damn list in alphabetical order. I feel quite guilty as a contestant who enjoys it so much @Mi-Amigo joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 147 of 147