cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter X Games: do you follow winter sports?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

It was interesting to hear about your preferences when it comes to Tennis earlier, and as there's now another sports event starting this week, the Winter X Games in Aspen, I'd love to hear if you also follow this one or if you're interested in any of the winter sports included in the event! Smiley Happy

I wasn't familiar with this myself before looking into it further just now. Did you know they also have music gigs at the X Games? I saw at least Lil Wayne, Kygo, Chainsmokers and Louis the Child listed in the schedule. music

There's many types of winter sports happening (you can see a full schedule here), most likely not all of them televised though - for example:

• Snowboarding
  • Skiing
  • Slopestyle skiing
  • Snowboard slopestyle
  • Snowmobile freestyle
  • Snow BikeCross
  • Snowskating
  • Snow hill climbing
  • Snowbiking

Are you interested in any of these sports? Any other winter sports that you follow and/or have tried yourself? I did a lot of cross-country skiing and ice skating in my childhood as they were mandatory winter activities at school, but haven't done anything since many years ago. Perhaps I might go ice skating sometime this year. slight_smile

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

On the Midland news yesterday we saw some awful pictures of snow all over the region

Completely missed us. Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

On the Midland news yesterday we saw some awful pictures of snow all over the region

Completely missed us. Confused

Let's hope you get lucky @Cleoriff and it continues to miss you. At the moment the sun is shining in London. Hope the snow misses us too.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 22 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Still no snow!! though it's -4c.

If we are going to get it, then it better hurry up! upside_down

Too cold for snow, just wait till it warms up a little....

Message 23 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I didn't notice much interest in winter sports (apart from as part of the Olympics) in this topic before, but just thought I'd ask if anyone is tuning in to the Nordic World Ski Championshipssnowflake It takes place in Seefeld, Austria, from today until 3rd March. The competition programme includes mostly ski jumping and cross country. 

Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to like watching Ski Sunday on BBC1 quite some years ago now & always enjoy The Winter Olympics

I do like watching Figure Skating ... & ... as Robin Coussins said at the Sochi Winter Olympics 'Dancing brings people together' which can only be a good thing smiling 

I tried ice skating once as a little kid at The Silver Blades ice rink Leeds ... I only did the straight bit hanging onto the barrier, getting off the ice to walk around outside, thereafter repeating the process ... Never Again ... I have followed ice dancing since the days of GBs Bernard Ford & Diane Towler

Image result for images for bernard ford and diane towler

Message 25 of 25