Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Update Causing Problems

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If anyone is having problems after the latest Patch Tuesday Update, please read this.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/outlook-crashing-after-windows-security-updates-you-are-not-alone/?tag=...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

If anyone is having problems after the latest Patch Tuesday Update, please read this.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/outlook-crashing-after-windows-security-updates-you-are-not-alone/?tag=...

Can't thank you enough for this @Bambino. My laptop installed some updates today...Outlook stopped working. My husband had a look and has fixed it for now...though he didnt know about the above. I have now passed it on to him. Thanks again...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

To add...had you posted this in Discussions I would have happily kudoed your post. Such a great help as I have been ready to launch this laptop today . ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Glad to hear it helped you out @Cleoriff

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

My husband has now read that link and has rebooted his laptop which is currently installing the updates I had earlier today......it was after those that Outlook stopped working....So I am guessing there will be another fix on the way shortly...

Incidentally the error messages I had were....

1) Outlook has now stopped working Please wait while we look for a fix

2) A pop up constantly asking me to sign into email...(I was already signed in obviously)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5