cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i getting charged for a phone i didnt order and sent back... over £1000

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered an 02 simcard from carphone warehouse on the 23/10/16 and I was sent an iphone 7 (which I most definatley did not order). I called up carephone warehouse to explain and was told that "it was now in the hands of 02". I subsequently called 02 and explained the situation, the unopended and therefore unused iphone 7 was taken back to wherever it came from on the 26/10/16 and I was given a receipt by DPD upon its collection from my address.  I have recently been sent a letter from 02 saying I owe them £1189.27  and court proceedings would be taken to retrieve this amount . I have sent the phone back unused and unopened, after contacting both carphone warehouse and 02 individually to confirm that the phone was never wanted and I only ever wanted a pay as you go sim!

please advise , as this is an absolute joke and to be threatened with legal action for someone elses mistake is unfair.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145225 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
This isn't CS so all we can do is advise that you make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I will also tag @Toby, our community head, who may be able to assist but you should speak to CS first http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10316 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

If the  handset was from and returned to CarPhoneWarehouse, then I would suggest contacting them, as they should have processed the return, and informed o2. 

Carphone Warehouse need to sort this out tout sweet, in my opinion.. as they have cocked you up completely. 

Do have proof that the device was delivered back to them? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23270 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

OP says the phone was collected by DPD and they were given a receipt. Hopefully they still have that receipt. After DPD collected, it was no longer the OP's responsibility. I would think that if DPD took the phone, it's up to DPD to prove that it was returned, not the OP.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145225 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
It will be for sure but it won't help the op's credit rating unless they put in the legwork themselves.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10316 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions
@Bambino

Having dealt with DPD numerous times its easier to do it yourself....

I would be tracing the phone using the tracking number on the receipt, . its a 2 minute job log onto DPD's site, enter tracking number, see where it is.... ring CPW / o2 ... job done..

You can even get a Proof of Delivery from the site...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23270 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

You're probably right, but as I said earlier, let's hope the OP still has the DPD receipt. If they don't, they could find proving all this very difficult. It's a pretty appalling state of affairs when the customer is forced into having to do DPD's work for them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 forum.

Please send me a private message and we can look into this for you. Have you contacted us via customer service yet however?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8