cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why BT/Yahoo email is sometime "slow" to arrive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently email sent to a BT or Yahoo email address is automatically rejected by the relevant servers and placed on a "grey list". If a second  attempt is made later the email is accepted.  This apparently helps to reduce spam.  Details are at http://bit.ly/1lGkeqb 

Isn't it wonderful what you can find out through Google?

Gerry DD (Have awarded myself a Doctor of Drivel degree)

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
My husband has a Yahoo account (and my Sky account is also Yahoo) and I've never noticed any delays in getting mail...
Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I think perhaps the report relates to email between BT email and Yahoo email accounts?

Gerry

Message 3 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just sent an e mail to one of my sub accounts as i use Bt and it was pretty much instantaneous in receiving it.

Tried by sending an e mail to a friends bt yahoo e mail address and it was just as fast.

Im wondering if the switching from yahoo mail to bt mail is having an effect on some.
Message 4 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point! I would think they would lose a lot of customers if there was a long delay as a matter of course!
Message 5 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous... Now I find that amusing.  (the Doctor of Drivel title):happy-smiley58:

Seriously though, I haven't noticed anything like that. I have two email accounts (3 if you count a well

underused hotmail account). Of the other two, one is Incredimail (linked to my BT address) and the other is BT

yahoo mail obviously linked to my BT address.

I use the Incredimail one here in the UK (I like the pretty pictures and emoticons)..in Spain its just plain ole

BT yahoo. If I timed them..the Yahoo mail always arrives faster?

So now Dr Drivel...what do you think of that conundrum? :smileywink:Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 34

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Bear in mind that the article is over 5 years old!

#siwy
Message 7 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting feedback indeed  @Anonymous  @Anonymous and @Cleoriff 

My own experience is indeed that email I send between BT and Yahoo accounts can be delayed several minutes, whereas copies to other addresses are virtually instantaneous.

Gerry

Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@browni Just goes to show what a slow reader I am. Smiley LOL

Gerry

Message 9 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@browni wrote:

Bear in mind that the article is over 5 years old!

LOLLOL

Now why did no-one but you notice that @browni ? Oh I know, because i never actually read the article

I just read Gerry's post. That'll teach me! LOL

(Or in the words of The Who: I won't Get Fooled Again!')

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 34