Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who you gonna call?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

So the new Ghostbusters trailer dropped today. I was not keep when I heard they were rebooting the franchise as I'm such fan of the originals but this looks interesting.. 

I definitely check this out at some point. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was kinda interested before but after seeing that trailer, no thanks, don't mess with the original 

Message 11 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Anyone else think the start of the trailer was a bit "let's rip off jurassic world's trailers slow piano"
Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I rarely like remakes. When you have seen the original I tend to watch them looking for faults

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Jurassic world wasn't to bad, so this might be ok.

Your not you when your hungry

slimer.jpg

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I dislike remakes. Who thinks 'wow, that was a good movie, let's do it again' ? Just leave us with memories of the originals, my grandkids still watch and enjoy them and this movie is going to be a big letdown imo.

Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I think a lot of films are fine if they are ongoing in a franchise. For instance todays James Bond films with Daniel Craig are vastly superior to those made with Roger Moore. The special effects are stunning now. Compare them with earlier films...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree, don't mess with the originals ... @Cleoriff imho Roger Moore was the worst James Bond, I'd rather have the Big Fry man George Lazenby who starred opposite Diana Rigg, if memory serves right ... but of course luv luv Daniel Craig as 007 heart

Message 17 of 24

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Well after seeing the last Bond film I  think I prefer the older Bonds in terms of plot.Yes even the cheesy Roger Moore who could at least deliver the comedy moment. Felt a bit cheated by Spectre as the second half was basically a copy of the last one or two and up till that point, the plot was building nicely. 

However, I'll wait till Ghostbusters TNG (The Next Generation) appears on NowTv. Too much trailer giving away the entire movie plot to make it worth going to see. Suppose if you've never seen the originals then you'll probably like it.

Which is basically my feeling on all remakes: fine on their own but I've seen the original and the remake hasn't brought anything new.

Message 18 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm not a fan of direct remakes but reboots where they use the original idea but make significant changes can be good. 

Bond wise I quite like Daniel Craig in the role. Still need to see Spectre though. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Bond wise I quite like Daniel Craig in the role. Still need to see Spectre though. 

Pretty spectacular effects in that one @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24