Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1636962961882.png

THE 1500th WHITE ROOM QUIZ QUESTION

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz includes the 1500th White Room Quiz question since WRQ began on 1 Aug 2019.

This White Room Quiz is eight questions with one question from each of these categories -

PEOPLE   PLACES   NATURE   SPORT   ART   MOVIES  TV   FOOD & DRINK 

with one question being the 1500th White Room Quiz question.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @TallTrees  @BobM  @gmarkj  @lewys-gp  @RafaC  @Martin-O2 

anyone who has taken part in a White Room Quiz in the past - including

@Cairdeas1  @AK04  @Marjo  @TheresaV  @LukasB 

and any member, who has never taken part, and any new members will join in today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1. PEOPLE - Who named his daughter Olympia Lightning ?

Q2. PLACES - Which historic monument in England was purchased at auction by Cecil Chubb in 1915 ? 

Q3. NATURE - How many hearts does a hagfish have ?  

Q4. SPORT 1500th WHITE ROOM QUIZ Question

Who won the gold medal for GB in the male 1500 metres race at the 1980 Olympic Games ? 

Q5. ART -   Mole`s breath; Downpipe; and Plummet are all Farrow and Bell versions of which colour ? 

Q6. MOVIES - Who played the character Solitaire in the James Bond movie "Live And Let Die" ?

Q7. TV -    How many episodes in total were made of British TV sit-com "Faulty Towers" ? 

[you don`t have to name the episodes, I just want the total number]

Q8. FOOD & DRINK.  Which vegetable is the key ingredient of Greek dish spanakopita ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 15 Nov 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 16 Nov 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 17 Nov 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1636962962019.png

PLUS -

everyone who correctly answers the 1500th WHITE ROOM QUIZ Question [Q4] will be awarded a trophy trophy

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 15 Nov 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 16 Nov 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 16 Nov 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm SO pleased you don't want us to NAME the episodes of Fawlty Towers @Mi-Amigo 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I'm SO pleased you don't want us to NAME the episodes of Fawlty Towers @Mi-Amigo 😂

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I couldn`t be that mean and make everyone name the episodes of Fawlty Towers 😂

After all, this is a milestone in the history of WRQ and I want to thank everyone who has ever taken part in a WRQ quiz and would like as many as possible to join in and enjoy the quiz and to celebrate and have fun. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 33

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some roll off the tongue, some need thinking about and one will be a complete guess

Message 4 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

@jonsie wrote:

Some roll off the tongue, some need thinking about and one will be a complete guess

In fact, that was what I hoped this special edition of the White Room Quiz would be like - with some easier questions; some which needed thinking about; and maybe the odd one which might have to guessed...

and don`t forget - a trophy trophy for getting the 1500th WRQ question [Q4 in this quiz] correct. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @RafaC 

pm with your 8 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @gmarkj 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On it's way @Mi-Amigo 

The gif has nothing to do with anything but after Lewis Hamilton's stunning win yesterday (against all the odds) I thought I'd post it 😂

Cleoriff_0-1636982643835.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

like the gif [unrelated to quiz - maybe I should`ve found a LH question 😂]

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 

Thank you @TallTrees 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 33