White Room Quiz Wed 28 Apr 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is 8 questions with two questions on each of these categories

HISTORY   NATURE    MOVIES    FOOD & DRINK

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie  @gmarkj   @MI5   @TallTrees   @TheresaV   @LukasB  @Martin-O2 

@O2EmmaLouise   @Cairdeas 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 HISTORY 1  Who succeeded George IV as King of England in 1830 ?

Q2 NATURE 1   Eyas is a name given to the young of which bird ?

Q3 MOVIES 1   "Dream Warriors" and "The Dream Child" were the subtitles of sequals to which

horror movie ?

Q4 FOOD & DRINK 1  What type of foodstuff is port salut ?

Q5 HISTORY 2  Which country did Britain fight in the Arrow War of 1856-60 to further trading rights ?

Q6 NATURE  2  Coterie is the collective term for a close knit family unit of which rodent ?

Q7 MOVIES  2   What was the name of the space-craft in the first "Alien" movie in 1979 ?

Q8 FOOD & DRINK 2  Concorde and Louise Bonne are varieties of which fruit ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 28 April 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 29 April 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 30 April 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 28 April 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 29 April 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 29 April 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

So funny @TheresaV 

I only ever heard of "Hal" 

prefer Lukas rofl

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 31 of 40

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 @TheresaV @Cleoriff @TallTrees 

Pleased you enjoyed the quiz and well done on your awards

As to Monday`s WRQ Bank Holiday special, the only clue I can give is the questions might - in some way be related to the May Bank Holiday Whistle yahoo. I`m sure everyone will find it fun, with the mix of easier, and not-so-easy questions... and maybe a couple will be Thinking

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 40

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

So funny @TheresaV 

I only ever heard of "Hal" 

prefer Lukas rofl

I do too @TallTrees joy

Looking forward to the special one on Monday @Mi-Amigo wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 33 of 40

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hit one or two right there @Mi-Amigo   Thank you for marking my efforts and very well done 

all.

In this particular Quizz I had some knowledge because:

I grow pears and have 4 trees  William bon Chretien, Doyenne du Comice also the Conference this one is the easiest to fruit ~ the others very fussy sometimes fruit sometimes : pas de fruits.

Movies not much chance there, need to see hundreds to know any detail then wouldn't retain any knowledge probably fall asleep nerd  Might hit on one I know sometime! 

Some Kings and Queens are ok ~ however my knowledge is quite limited as can only know about some events.  This one was ok ~ I think he was Queen Victoria's Uncle and she succeeded him when he died.

Small fact but known by me!  

Birds ~ generally ok ~  but not every detail so very interesting.  I have kept birds and bred birds and helped wild birds, they are wonderful.  There is not enough time in my life to know every detail but it is very enjoyable. Always ready to know more.

Cheeses ~ well I stick to the Cheddar and look at the others as fanciful so don't know it all but bring it on...I can try!

Wars ~ well had some interest in these. China of interest lately especially in the opium wars, 

surprising that it is now ~ persona non grata

Interesting the one on Rodents ~ don't know that detail, I probably did read it at some time but couldn't retain the information.

Thanks for the interesting questions ~ being extremely varied is good, can always get one or two right and learn something from the others. 

Thanks again bye for now TALLTREES

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 34 of 40

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Wonderful quiz, apart from the king and battle - although William IV fathered 9 FitzClarence sprogs whilst he was the Duke of Clarence and St. Andrews, quite an achievement. Sadly, as King, none of daughters or sons by the Queen survived. For this alone, he sticks in my memory.

The gif, comes from Mother, the AI computer on the USSCS Nostromo, this was my second choice of clip:

Volume up a bit.

Thanks, @Mi-Amigo for a question from one of my fave, if scary, films - the only one I ever bunked off school one afternoon to go see, aged about 16. The big screen sucked you in... The content made you sprint the 500m from the bus-stop to your house, after dark, for maybe 3 weeks after 😱

Well done, all!

Message 35 of 40

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Good @TheresaV 

I will try on Monday too

I look forward to your sense of humour applied to some of the questions!heart_eyes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 36 of 40

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Good @TheresaV 

I will try on Monday too

I look forward to your sense of humour applied to some of the questions!heart_eyes

I will try my best @TallTrees smirk

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 37 of 40

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees

It`s always interesting to hear which subjects appeal and which someone knows something about.

That`s one of the reasons why I try and give a different mix of categories with each WRQ.

Thank you @pgn 

I didn`t catch on to what your gif referred to.

As to the Alien movie, I bunked off school to watch it. It wasn`t the scariest movie I saw when I was younger - that was the original The Omen which scared the whatsit out of me scream

Thank you @TheresaV 

Pleased you are looking forward to Monday`s WRQ and I`m sure you`ll come up with some correct answers, maybe some guesses; and some to make us laugh joy

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well done guys and thanks again to @Mi-Amigo smiling

Who knew the pack of rodents wasn't Parliament? astonished

My gif was a play on words : Knight on a Mare wink

Message 39 of 40

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

Pleased you enjoyed the quiz and well done on your award

liked the gif - nice play on words thumbsup

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 40 of 40