White Room Quiz Wed 09 Jun 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is 8 questions with two questions on each of these categories

PEOPLE   WORDS   SPACE  ART

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5  @TallTrees  @O2EmmaLouise  @TheresaV  @LukasB 

@BobM  @Martin-O2 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 PEOPLE 1  What is the first name of the Countess of Wessex, a member of the present British Royal Family ?

Q2 WORDS 1  Philology is the study of what ?

Q3 SPACE 1    Which is the only planet in our solar system which rotates clockwise on its axis ?

Q4 ART 1        Which British artist produced "Christ In Glory", tapestry hanging in Coventry Cathedral ?

Q5 PEOPLE 2  What machine did Edwin Budding and John Ferrabee of Stroud develop and patent in 1830 ?

Q6 WORDS 2  The 19th century word "gutturniform" meant something was shaped like what ?

Q7 SPACE 2     Who co-piloted the US Gemini 12 spacecraft, launched Nov 1966, with Edwin Aldrin ?

Q8 ART 2        Who was the American  painter who painted the Pop Art painting "Wham" ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 09 June 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 10 June 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 11 June 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 09 June 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 10 June 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 10 June 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Incoming @Mi-Amigo 

giphy (1).gif

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 46

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @LukasB

pm with your 8 answers received

Thank you @TheresaV 

like the gif - is that @LukasB  knocking your door to ask for the answers to the quiz Whistle Smiley Very Happy

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Roy Lichtenstein Whaam popart | artsability co uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 46

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 

Love the gif - appropriate to one of the questions

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thank you @LukasB

Thank you @TheresaV 

like the gif - is that @LukasB  knocking your door to ask for the answers to the quiz Whistle Smiley Very Happy

I don't think there's much I can give him this time @Mi-Amigo joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On it's way @Mi-Amigo 

Slap Wham Bam Thank You Maam GIF by SHE'S FUNNY THAT WAY

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 46

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

Better say I like the gif - wouldn`t want her entering the quiz and telling her she got a question wrong joy

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 46

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

RUDE @Mi-Amigo joy

signature

Message 9 of 46

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
PM on it's way. Not confident on this one!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 46