White Room Quiz Wed 07 Oct 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Each White Room Quiz will have eight questions - with two questions from four categories. 

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @gmarkj  @WispaRed7 

O2 Community managers @Marjo @LukasB  @Martin-O2 and O2 Guru @O2Karl 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

Over the weekend, I have selected eight questions - with questions from each of these cateories

PEOPLE   SPACE   LITERATURE    GAMES

Please note: there is no QI-style question in which the answer is not what most people think.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 [PEOPLE - 1] What was the name of the prisoner known as "The Birdman of Alcatraz" ?

Q2 [SPACE - 1]  Which planet in our solar system was discovered by Johann Galle in 1846 ?

Q3 [LITERATURE - 1] Who wrote "East is east and West is west; and never the twain shall meet"  ?

Q4 [GAMES - 1] Which number on a standard dartboard is between 2 and 3 ?

Q5 [PEOPLE - 2] What was the first name of the English landscape gardener known as "Capability" Brown ? 

Q6 [SPACE - 2] What is the name of Jupiter`s second largest moon ?

Q7 [LITERATURE - 2] Who created the character Dr Doolittle ? 

Q8 [GAMES - 2] Which game is played on a playing surface measuring 9ft by 5ft ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 07 October] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday 08 October]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 09 October

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 07 October 2020] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 08 October 2020].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 08 October will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes some of the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn  @LukasB  @jonsie 

Pleased you enjoyed the quiz.

Hope you like the choice of "Odd Questions" for Monday`s and will be joining in.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35746 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Pleased you enjoyed the quiz.

Hope you like the choice of "Odd Questions" for Monday`s and will be joining in.

Oh, I dunno - I might know the odd answer or two, too... 

gettyimages-76688247-612x612.jpg

LOL

Message 33 of 34

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Nicknames category sounds interesting for next week @Mi-Amigo !

My guess 'Robert' for the first question was 100% a guess so pretty happy about it. What are the chances that was actually his name. grin

Yes @Cleoriff Twister! That's it. I did used to play it some years ago @Mi-Amigo but maybe not every day after work though LOL

Message 34 of 34