• 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

WHITE ROOM QUIZ- THE REVENGE!!

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Morning everyone!

I posted advance notice of this quiz on Monday HERE 

The White Room quiz with a difference!

@Mi-Amigo  has been setting these quizzes and testing our brain power since August 2019.

Now it's HIS turn to be in the spotlight and show us what his knowledge is like, without access to reference books, Google, Wiki You Tube.

I also welcome everyone else to take part. @pgn , @gmarkj @MI5 @jonsie  @WispaRed7  @RyanK1992  @jezza1234 @Marjo @Martin-O2 @Bob_Mcg @Sy @TallTrees and any other member new and old.

QUESTIONS:

Q1 (Inventions) Lewis Carroll was a well-known author. He was also an inventor. What was his most famous invention?

Q2: (Music)  What song reached No.6 in the UK charts in the 1950's and then reached No.1 twenty nine years later?

Q3 (History) What was the shortest war ever fought?

Q4 (Sport) Up till July 2018, what was the most watched Sporting event in the World?

Q5 (Television) In the USA, who were the first couple to be seen in bed together on TV?

Q6 (Theatre) In the Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet, how old was Juliet when she died?

Q7 (World Record) What building holds the world record for the most toilets?

Q8 (Culture) In what country is it considered extremely impolite to touch an adults head?

Q9 (Geography) What Middle east capital city was once called Philadelphia?

Q10 (Medicine) What is the oldest, most widely used drug in the world?

Q11 (Literature) Night is generally my time for walking.” This is the opening line to which novel by Charles Dickens?

Q12 (Food and Drink) Which beer famously has a blue 5 pointed star on its label?

RULES: PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN TIMINGS

Everyone who wishes to take part must PM ME (@Cleoriff ) their answers between the hours of 00.01- 23.00pm THURSDAY 16th January.

@Mi-Amigo will post his answers OPENLY on the thread between 23.15 and 23.59pm the same day THURSDAY 16th January (once all PM'd answers have been sent to me)

Any answers which arrive or are posted after the times stated will be declared null and void.

Also no use of google, wiki, reference books or YouTube for anyone taking part.

ANSWERS AND RESULTS :

Each member will be awarded a star for any correct answer

There will also be an award of the Thinkers

Thinker 4.PNG

I will post the answers on Friday 17th January

That's it. Best of luck. Let battle commence yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK Who let @Cleoriff loose with these questions?? joy

Is this the result of too many voddies in Virtual Lounge last night celebrating 7 years on the Community?

I know it is "White Room Quiz - The Revenge" - but it ain`t "burn Mi-Amigo`s little grey cells" joy

At first glance, there are 5/6 questions which I`m fairly confident I know the answers; but that said, there are some which I`ve got no idea and am gonna have to make wild guesses when the time comes... Thankfully I have got time to contemplate and have a good think - and as I promised I will not use any reference book, nor search google, wiki, youtube or internet sites...

Good luck to all those who are joining in...

Brilliant quiz with great questions. Thanks @Cleoriff  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 68

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

rofl

@Mi-AmigoThe questions were set up and stored in One Note well before the voddie fest yesterday Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 68

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

rofl

@Mi-AmigoThe questions were set up and stored in One Note well before the voddie fest yesterday Happy Dance

Thanks @Cleoriff 

That doesn`t make it any better... In fact, it makes it worse as the questions were set up in the cold light of day... joy

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I'm off out for an hour so I'm not ignoring questions. Will answer any posted when I get back wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 68

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm sure we can survive for an hour slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 68

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm sure we can survive for an hour slight_smile

That sounds like the voice of confidence @MI5 - far more than I have at this stage... 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 68

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Well it's been more than an hour now so I'm starting to fall apart wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I came back on the hour and saw you were 'managing' without me ....so left you to it rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 68

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
My life is now complete, again tongue

Currently using:
Message 10 of 68