• 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

white-room-quiz2.png

Tomorrow - Wed 19 Aug 2020 - the White Room Quiz will include the

500th White Room Quiz question

since the White Room Quiz began on 1 August 2019

As usual, tomorrow`s White Room Quiz will be eight questions -

with two questions from each of these categories

PEOPLE    WORDS   EVENTS and two ODD questions - one on SAYINGS, one on MEASUREMENTS

Q8 will be the 500th WHITE ROOM QUIZ QUESTION

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

Each person who correctly answers Q8 - the 500th WRQ Question - will also be awarded a trophy

The White Room Quizzers have faced a wide variety of questions - some "tricky"; the occasional QI-style question, where the answer is not what most people think; and questions which quiz books rate as "easier", which some quizzers have found difficult.

Some of the White Room Quizzers have correctly answered a question which Paul Sinha, ranked No 17 in the World Quiz Championship, got wrong on ITV`s The Chase; correctly answered a question which one of the country`s top quiz teams got wrong on Ch 4`s The Hardest Question; correctly answered a question which Kevin, Mastermind Champion, got wrong on BBC TV`s Eggheads; and correctly answered the question which Judith Keppell correctly answered to become the first person to win £1million on ITV`s Who Wants To Be A Miilionaire.

No doubt, the "regulars" who take part in the White Room Quiz have their favourite subject and least favourite category, and probably have their own memories of the White Room Quiz - not least the infamous "tallest tree" question, ranked the hardest ever White Room Quiz question - or the amusing answers which quizzers have given.

I am grateful to each and every one of those, past and present, who have tackled some, if not all, of the White Room Quiz questions.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @gmarkj  @WispaRed7 

O2 Community managers @Marjo @Martin-O2  @LukasB  and O2 Guru @O2Karl 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members

will join in with tomorrow`s White Room Quiz and face the 500th White Room Quiz question.

Thank you. 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Great news, @Mi-Amigo

D

I'm Gonna Be (..... Miles):

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looking forward to it @Mi-Amigo 

Interested to see what the 500th Quiz question will be! yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn and @Cleoriff for your kind comments.

If you, or any other "regular" quizzer or member wishes to share their memories of the White Room Quiz please feel free to post on this thread.

I look forward to seeing what everyone recalls of past White Room Quizzes yahoo

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As well as the 'Tallest Tree' question, there was another one with a very weird answer. I just can't remember what it was @Mi-Amigo rofl

My worst memory was when I took over as quizmaster and made a real mess of of one question. 'Which country is it impolite to touch someone's head'. I had Nepal as the one and only answer. Then the answers came in.....Thailand was the most popular answer. In fact you could put most Asian countries.

Best answer was @Marjo with another question I set. Which is the fastest animal with 2 legs. Marjo: Cheetah. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Wellington and The Grand Order of the Boot, an April Fool's Day WRQ, fielded most gallantly and admirably by @Cleoriff, was a memorable one, when you consider the question and the clarifying answer I dropped in after guessing correctly the answer to this question:

• Q12: HISTORY: Which British Prime Minister was Knighted a total of 26 times?

And the full list of decorations given to the man::

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/WHITE-ROOM-QUIZ-APRIL-FOOL-EDITION/m-p/1317584#M184367

Sadly, I fluffed and picked a head-burying goose instead of a Peregrine Falcon for another answer on that quiz, missing a mention in the top prize pffftt! LOL

One other mind-bender that got an array of odd responses was this one:

• Q1 [Money]: What is the total sum of these pre-decimal British amounts - one tanner + one bob + one half-crown + one quid + one guinea + one pony [answer in £ [pounds] s [shillings] d [pence] ?

A1: £27. 5s. 0d

Lots of lols (and £sd!) in the answers for some of thees quizzes, hard to pick...

Thanks, @Mi-Amigo 

Message 6 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff and @pgn for the memories.

The cheetah as the answer to the fastest two-legged animal was priceless... LOL

I took part in @Cleoriff `s quiz with that pesky "most knighted British PM" question, which drove me bananas... Confused Who's there? 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Another exciting milestone @Mi-Amigo! Looking forward to it. smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Martin-O2 

I hope you`ll like the quiz and the 500th question.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 9