White Room Quiz - Special Announcement 2nd Anniversary Mon 02 Aug 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25120 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

white-room-quiz2.png

IS TWO YEARS OLD on Monday 02 August 2021 

To celebrate the SECOND ANNIVERSAY of the WHITE ROOM QUIZ, there will be a special edition of the White Room Quiz on Monday 02 August 2021.

The Second Anniversary White Room Quiz will be the 152nd White Room Quiz.

So far, quizzers have faced 1252 questions - some easier, a few QI-style questions where the answer was not what most people think; some very difficult questions - remember the infamous "oldest tree" question? - and over the two years we have had some hilarious answers to some of the questions.

Instead of the usual eight questions, with two questions in each of four categories, Monday`s Second Anniversary White Room Quiz will be 12 questions - with one question in each of these 12 categories

HISTORY   PEOPLE           GEOGRAPHY   PLACES    SCIENCE   NATURE 

SPACE        LITERATURE   MUSIC              MOVIES   TV            SPORT    

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

As usual, all those who wish to take part will have to pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of those, past and present, who have taken part in one or more White Room Quiz.

A special mention must be made of @Cleoriff  who twice was not only questionmaster but also  organised and ran the White Room Quiz on two occasions, so that I could take part.

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE WHITE ROOM QUIZ:

The White Room Quiz was "born" on 01 August 2019, when it was known as the White Room Thursday Quiz.

The name "White Room [Thursday] Quiz" was chosen as an alternative to the infamous Black Chair of BBC TV`s Mastermind, which was daunting, whilst the White Room is intended as fun and an escape from the everyday pressures.

The White Room Quiz underwent various changes during its first twelve months - most notable the introduction of those taking part pming their answers being to me - Mi-Amigo as the questionmaster, and on two occasions Cleoriff was questionmaster.

I hope that each and everyone of our regular WRQ quizzers -

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @gmarkj  @BobM  @TallTrees  @TheresaV  @LukasB  @Martin-O2 

those who have taken part in a recent WRQ including @O2EmmaLouise and @Cairdeas 

former 02 Community Manager @Marjo and @EmilieT 

members who have previously taken part, or have never taken part, in a WRQ quiz

and any new member to the O2 Community  

will take part in the White Room Quiz Second Anniversary Quiz on Monday.

Thank you everyone for making this quiz so popular.

It has been, and continues to be, an honour and privilege to research, organise and run the White Room Quiz, which will continue to run for as long as members want it and enjoy it. Hero

@Mi-Amigo       

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

THE DIAMOND THINKER heart_eyes heart_eyes heart_eyes

So excited!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Diamonds are a girls best friend @TheresaV joy

Looking foward to it @Mi-Amigo wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Diamonds are a girls best friend @TheresaV joy

Looking foward to it @Mi-Amigo wink

Please tell my partner @Cleoriff joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 6

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25120 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV and @Cleoriff 

Is that a subtle hint that the women quizzers are going to get Diamond Thinkers ? joy

So what about the blokes ? How will they do ? Thoughful

Pleased you are looking forward to this WRQ thumbsup

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Very sure that @Cleoriff is getting a Diamond Thinker @Mi-Amigo and I myself have aspirations but then my brain has its limitations that make that quite improbable joy

signature

Message 6 of 6