White Room Quiz Mon 18 Jan 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

As last Wednesday`s quiz was the White Room Regulars` Choice Quiz, I thought it might be fun to have a follow-up.

Over the weekend, I researched and found eight questions - with one question on each category which either did not receive enough points to be in last Wed`s WRQ or received no votes at all - so today`s WRQ will one question on each of these categories

MUSIC   GEOGRAPHY   NATURE   HISTORY   PLACES   TV   GAMES   LITERATURE

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn   @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5   @Anonymous   @Martin-O2   @LukasB  @TheresaV   @Marjo 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 MUSIC    What was the title of the 1967 record, which reached No 2 in the UK singles chart, and 

included the lyrics

"I looked to the sky, where an elephant`s eye was looking at me from a bubble gum tree"?  

Q2 GEOGRAPHY   According to Ordnance Survey of 2017, which English county has the longest coastline?

Q3 NATURE   What type of animal is the "mountain chicken", native to Montserrat and Dominica in

the Caribbean ?

Q4 HISTORY  The "War of the Oranges" of 1801 was a conflict between which two countries?

[half star for one correct country; full star for both correct countries] 

Q5 PLACES     Which English city is on the site of what was once the Roman town of Duroliponte ?

Q6 TV              In the children`s TV series "Teletubbies", first screen between 1997 and 2001, what was

the name of the purple "Teletubby" ?

Q7 GAMES     Which card game derives its name from the Spanish word for "basket" ?

Q8 LITERATURE  What are the first and surnames of the character known as "Pip" in Charles Dickens

novel "Great Expectations" ? 

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 18 Jan 20121] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 19 Jan 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 20 Jan 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 18 Jan 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 19 Jan 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 19 Jan 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I knew that having kids would be useful one day.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Same here with the grandson...rofl

Oh and Q1. I always knew there was a lot of drugs going around during songwriting in the 60's. rofl

(I've seen this as a live performance) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 38

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 and @Cleoriff 

I`m sure having kids and grandkids might help with one of the questions yahoo

That said, there are a couple of head-scratchers Thinking this time, one of which I had hoped to include in Wed`s Regulars` Choice Quiz but the category didn`t get enough votes joy

As to Q1, yeh man - a little bit of a hippy trippy question for a Monday morning Spaced

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 38

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Teletubbies GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 38

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 

like the gif [with no clue]

pm with your eight answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 38

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Oh god a tough one @Mi-Amigo 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Here you go @Mi-Amigo rofl

Elephant Party Hard GIF

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 38

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @LukasB 

Thank you @Cleoriff 

love the gif - that is NOT Hope the Community Elephant looking at me joy

Thank you @TheresaV 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

PM sent @Mi-Amigo 

Message 10 of 38