White Room Quiz Mon 14 Jun 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is eight questions - with two questions on each of these categories 

PLACES   MOVIES    TV    FOOD & DRINK

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - with their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff @pgn @jonsie @gmarkj @MI5 @TallTrees @BobM @O2EmmaLouise @LukasB @Martin-O2 

[ @TheresaV is on holiday] 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 PLACES 1 What is the official London residence of Prince William and Kate ?

Q2 MOVIES 1 What was the name of the giant robot in the 1951 movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" ?

Q3 TV 1          In the TV cartoon series "Top Cat", what was the name of the police officer ?

Q4 Food & DRINK 1 What is the main fish ingredient of food served "alle vongole" ?

Q5 PLACES 2  What is the State capital of the US State of North Dakota ?

Q6 MOVIES 2  Who won the Oscar for Best Actress for her role as the title character in the 1969 movie

"The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie" ?

Q7 TV 2           In the TV sit-com "Porridge", what was the name of Norman Stanley Fletcher`s daughter ?

[character`s name not name of actress]

Q8 FOOD & DRINK 2 In Indian cuisine, what vegetable is "aloo" ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon14 June 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 15 June 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 16 June 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 14 June 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 15 June 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 15 June 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
PM sent @Mi-Amigo
TV movies names of actresses/ actors
no chance.
No need to get much brasso out to shine my stars
Good luck everyone with your answers 👍

Brasso @TallTrees rofl....that made me laugh.

Haven't had Brasso for ages...probably as I have no brass in my house nowadays. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 47

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Yeh I know @Cleoriff ... interestingly
You may know this but since door handles have become plastic coated...homes offices and hospitals too, don't have the benefit of brass or brass alloys which are naturally antibacterial and therefore help with killing viruses on handles.
Bugs love plastic 🥴

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 22 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I did know copper, brass, brass alloys and bronze are antimicrobial @TallTrees.

We found out when we were fighting MRSA in the 90's.

Edit. I meant the 80's....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 47

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Brasso @TallTrees rofl....that made me laugh.

Haven't had Brasso for ages...probably as I have no brass in my house nowadays. wink

Good grief @Cleoriff 

I remember Brasso... many moons ago, when I was at school, we had a very naughty song about Brasso...

and "No" I`m not posting it on the forum -  if I did I`d get a life-time ban joy 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We sang the same song once in school choir practice when the music teacher was late arriving

Someone started it off and we all joined in...strange how everyone knew all the words (This was the very same choir, myself included, who performed at the Hallé Hall in Manchester wink) )

I'm sure our rendition of 'Brasso' would have been far better received than 'Gaudiamus Igitur' and '40 Years On' by the audience of parents, friends and teachers

We got in a lot of trouble for that! slight_frown

Detention and 500 lines followed...apparently they could hear it in the masters' staff room joy

Oh the joys of a grammar school education LOL

Message 25 of 47

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant @jonsie sweat_smile

Shame about the detention and 500 lines.

Grammar school teachers, like yours and mine, had no sense of humour.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I don't know... 500 lines seems hilarious to me 😉
Message 27 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I must have missed that one lads. rofl

Never heard anything slightly risque about Brasso.....nerd

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 47

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I must have missed that one lads. rofl

Never heard anything slightly risque about Brasso.....nerd

Maybe it was just sung by naughty BOYS at grammar schools @Cleoriff and not by well-behaved young girls like you Whistle joy

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 47

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well behaved?? Me?? Probably sent to the Head teacher more than anyone in my school. @Mi-Amigo rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 47