White Room Quiz Mon 13 Sept 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1631517210108.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is eight questions with two questions from each of these categories -

SPACE    ART    MOVIES    GAMES

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @MI5   @jonsie   @gmarkj   @BobM   @TallTrees   @TheresaV  @Martin-O2 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 SPACE 1   Which is the only planet in our solar system which is not named after a Greek or Roman god

or goddess ? 

Q2 ART 1       Which artist painted "Garcon a la Pipe" in 1905 ?

Q3 MOVIES 1 Audrey Hepburn won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1954 for her role in which movie ?

Q4 GAMES 1  What was the name of Crash Bandicoot`s enemy in the PlayStation video game in 1996 ?

Q5 SPACE 2    Which planet in our solar system was struck by fragments of the Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet when

the comet broke up in 1994 ?

Q6 ART 2       Which art gallery first opened in a disused paint factory in St John`s Wood, London in 1985 ?

Q7 MOVIES 2  Who played the title role in the 2016 movie "Florence Foster Jenkins" ?

Q8 GAMES 2   Which card game features melds and brisques ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 13 Sept 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 14 Sept 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 15 Sept 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1631517211829.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 13 Sept 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 14 Sept 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 14 Sept 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

crashing-to-earth-meteor-showers101

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn 

Like the gif

pm with your answers received

Thank you @MI5 

Like the gif

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Some of those are a bit... interesting!

PM sent @Mi-Amigo 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @gmarkj 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE ANSWERS

Q1 SPACE 1   Which is the only planet in our solar system which is not named after a Greek or Roman god

or goddess ? 

A1   Earth

Q2 ART 1       Which artist painted "Garcon a la Pipe" in 1905 ?

A2   Pablo Picasso

Q3 MOVIES 1 Audrey Hepburn won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1954 for her role in which movie ?

A3.  Roman Holiday. Audrey Hepburn was nominated in 1961 for her role in Breakfast At Tiffany`s.

Q4 GAMES 1  What was the name of Crash Bandicoot`s enemy in the PlayStation video game in 1996 ?

A4.  Dr Neo Cortex

Q5 SPACE 2    Which planet in our solar system was struck by fragments of the Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet when

the comet broke up in 1994 ?

A5.  Jupiter

Q6 ART 2       Which art gallery first opened in a disused paint factory in St John`s Wood, London in 1985 ?

A6.   Saatchi

Q7 MOVIES 2  Who played the title role in the 2016 movie "Florence Foster Jenkins" ?

A7.  Meryl Streep

Q8 GAMES 2   Which card game features melds and brisques ?

A8.  Bezique

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE RESULTS

@TheresaV 

Q1 correct - awarded star   Q2 correct - awarded star   Q3 Breakfast At Tiffany`s - incorrect   Q4 pass

Q5 pass    Q6 pass   Q7 correct - awarded star   Q8 pass

Total - 3 star for three correct answers

@TallTrees 

Q1 correct - awarded star   Q2 correct - awarded star   Q3 Breakfast At Tiffany`s - incorrect   Q4 pass

Q5 pass   Q6 pass   Q7 pass   Q8 pass

Total - 2 star for two correct answers

@Cleoriff 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 correct - awarded star   Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 correct - awarded star

plus for 8 correct answers also awarded

MiAmigo_0-1631690614179.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@pgn 

Q1 correct - awarded star   Q2 correct - awarded star   Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 correct - awarded star

MiAmigo_1-1631690837936.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@MI5 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 correct - awarded star  Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

MiAmigo_2-1631691046185.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@gmarkj 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 late LukasB 😂 - incorrect  Q3 pass  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star  Q7 correct - awarded star   Q8 pass

plus for 5 correct answers also awarded    

MiAmigo_3-1631691253142.jpeg

Red Thinker

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

AWARDS

MiAmigo_4-1631691362010.png

Silver Thinker             - 8 correct  @Cleoriff  @pgn  @MI5 

Red Thinker + star        - 5 correct  @gmarkj 

star  star   star                    - 3 correct @TheresaV 

star  star                           - 2 correct @TallTrees 

CONGRATULATIONS TO  THE SILVER THINKERS - @Cleoriff  @pgn  @MI5 

Well done

@gmarkj      - Red Thinker + star

@TheresaV  - star  star   star

@TallTrees   - star  star

I hope everyone enjoyed this White Room Quiz and will join in today`s White Room Quiz which will be

8 questions with two on each of these categories 

- HISTORY   NATURE   SPORT   EVENTS 

which will be posted on a separate thread shortly. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Congratulations everyone. Thanks for another great quiz @Mi-Amigo. I'll check the new one when I get back on later. 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35794 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Roman Holiday was a guess - good film. But there's nothing like a brisk(!) game of Bezique 🃏

Well done all and thank you, @Mi-Amigo.

Message 19 of 23

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I have never ever heard of Bezique, so learned a new thing today (as always 😅). Great game @Mi-Amigo and glad @gmarkj got to fit Lukas's best painting in there 😂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 23