White Room Quiz Mon 11 Apr 2022 Regulars` Votes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1649661169097.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is the Regulars` Votes edition.

Our regular WRQ quizzers were invited to vote for their favourite four categories - with points awarded as follows - each No 1 [favourite] - 4 points; each 2nd - 3 points; each 3rd - 2 points; each 4th - 1 point.

The votes are in and the points counted.

Today`s WRQ is eight questions with two questions from each of these categories

- MUSIC [16 points]   MOVIES [12 points]   SCIENCE [9 points]    NATURE [8 points[

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff @pgn @MI5 @gmarkj @TallTrees @BobM @Spenny @J9el @lewys-gp @RafaC @jonsie 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 MUSIC 1 - What was the title of the Moody Blues only No 1 single in UK charts in the 1960s ?

Q2 MOVIES 1 - In the King Kong movies, what was the name of the island which King Kong was taken from ?

Q3 SCIENCE 1 - What colour does litmus paper turn if rubbed on damp washing powder ?

Q4 NATURE 1 - What type of mammal is a vizsla ?

Q5 MUSIC 2 - Which band had a UK No 1 album in 1970 with "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out" ?

Q6 MOVIES 2 - In which Disney animated movie did the characters Perdita and Pongo appear ?

Q7 SCIENCE 2 - Osteitis is the medical term for inflammation of what in the human body ?

Q8 NATURE 2 - Pica pica is the scientific name for whch bird ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 11 Apr 2022] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 12 Apr 2022]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 13 April 2022

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1649661169611.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 11 Apr 2022] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 12 Apr 2022].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 12 Apr 2022 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 987 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sent my answers over @Mi-Amigo. Some good ones this week 😊

Message 21 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @J9el 

Pleased you think there are "some good ones" this time

pm with your answers received

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 22 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Good too see everyone giving their usual contribution still and also new people here.

For those who don't know me, I'm the sensible sane person i always was? 🤔😳

Message 23 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 

pm with your answers received - before the deadline

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE ANSWERS

Q1 MUSIC 1 - What was the title of the Moody Blues only No 1 single in UK charts in the 1960s ?

A1   Go Now 

Q2 MOVIES 1 - In the King Kong movies, what was the name of the island which King Kong was taken from ?

A2  Skull Island

Q3 SCIENCE 1 - What colour does litmus paper turn if rubbed on damp washing powder ?

A3   Blue

Q4 NATURE 1 - What type of mammal is a vizsla ?

A4   Dog

Q5 MUSIC 2 - Which band had a UK No 1 album in 1970 with "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out" ?

A5   The Rolling Stones

Q6 MOVIES 2 - In which Disney animated movie did the characters Perdita and Pongo appear ?

A6   101 Dalmations

Q7 SCIENCE 2 - Osteitis is the medical term for inflammation of what in the human body ?

A7    Bones

Q8 NATURE 2 - Pica pica is the scientific name for which bird ?

A8   Magpie 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

RESULTS to follow.

Sorry for delay but after having typed results for ten quizzers this forum wouldn`t allow me to post as it claimed multi-flooding or such nonsense so will have to try again.

Ridiculous!! Despite repeated attempt won`t let me post the results due to post flooding claim.

@Martin-O2 Can you please investigate and get this stupid interruption stopped as I`m sure I`m not the only one to experience this and not only spoils bt stops members from posting.

And it gets worse...

Won`t let me post the AWARDS - so can`t say how you each got on.

Says to correct HMTL, and when I click Post the post flooding message appears.

Please, please please @Martin-O2 @lewys-gp @RafaC get this sorted as it is ruining one of the most popular games on the Community.

I will not allow the incompetence of the platform provider to stop WRQ and ask our regular quizzers to please bear with me whilst the problem is resolved.

Thank you 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126422 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I had the post flooding message 5 times during WHD. When I wrote the same word in lower case, it went through. Time consuming nonsense really. I have no idea why a large post such as the one you are attempting to post should be classed as Post Flooding??!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 69

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Mi-Amigo@Cleoriff I'm looking into this now. I think that this is due to an admin setting resetting but so I can narrow it down can one of you please post a screenshot of this error message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 28 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your post @Cleoriff 

Another example of the failure of this revised forum which we are all meant to bow down and worship.

It makes me so angry that attempt to provide something which members enjoy and we all do our best to encourage newbies to take part in is ruined by so many problems which the platform provider can`t or won`t fix or takes far too long to rectify.

I will attempt to try later to post the Awards - even if they have to be in a different format so quizzers know how they got on.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Martin-O2 for getting this looked into.

Unfortunately I can`t provide a screenshot but hopefully @Cleoriff or one of the others might.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 30 of 69