White Room Quiz Mon 11 Apr 2022 Regulars` Votes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1649661169097.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is the Regulars` Votes edition.

Our regular WRQ quizzers were invited to vote for their favourite four categories - with points awarded as follows - each No 1 [favourite] - 4 points; each 2nd - 3 points; each 3rd - 2 points; each 4th - 1 point.

The votes are in and the points counted.

Today`s WRQ is eight questions with two questions from each of these categories

- MUSIC [16 points]   MOVIES [12 points]   SCIENCE [9 points]    NATURE [8 points[

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff @pgn @MI5 @gmarkj @TallTrees @BobM @Spenny @J9el @lewys-gp @RafaC @jonsie 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 MUSIC 1 - What was the title of the Moody Blues only No 1 single in UK charts in the 1960s ?

Q2 MOVIES 1 - In the King Kong movies, what was the name of the island which King Kong was taken from ?

Q3 SCIENCE 1 - What colour does litmus paper turn if rubbed on damp washing powder ?

Q4 NATURE 1 - What type of mammal is a vizsla ?

Q5 MUSIC 2 - Which band had a UK No 1 album in 1970 with "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out" ?

Q6 MOVIES 2 - In which Disney animated movie did the characters Perdita and Pongo appear ?

Q7 SCIENCE 2 - Osteitis is the medical term for inflammation of what in the human body ?

Q8 NATURE 2 - Pica pica is the scientific name for whch bird ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 11 Apr 2022] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 12 Apr 2022]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 13 April 2022

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1649661169611.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 11 Apr 2022] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 12 Apr 2022].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 12 Apr 2022 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Mi-Amigo. Can you let me know the exact wording of the error message. There are several flood prevention messages so it would be helpful to narrow it down. Thanks!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 31 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126425 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thank you @Martin-O2 for getting this looked into.

Unfortunately I can`t provide a screenshot but hopefully @Cleoriff or one of the others might.

Not today @Mi-Amigo @Martin-O2  as it hasn't happened to me. My problems were yesterday during the Word Hunt Diamond Quiz. The red Box appears at the top of your post. It says

POST FLOODING DETECTED. THE UNIQUE MESSAGE HAS APPEARED 3,600 TIMES. TRY AGAIN LATER

So I deleted the word which was in capitals and wrote it in lower case and it then went through immediately.

The WHD yesterday was a really fast flowing game with words being given in rapid succession, so it was totally frustrating when you have to piddle about to get a word posted!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

The message I got was as the wording  @Cleoriff had.

And thing are going from bad to worse.

I tried posting today`s WRQ and did a trial thread - 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/WRQ/m-p/1543099/thread-id/252183

I tried editing it with info and questions for today`s WRQ. Having spent ages typing, clicked Post and the HTML message comes up. Click post and message appears again. So can`t edit and post correct quiz for today.

Could you please delete this thread -

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/WRQ/m-p/1543099/thread-id/252183

as it is NOT today`s quiz.

I guess today`s WRQ will have to be abandoned and apologise to all our regular quizzers for matters beyond my control. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 33 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 126425 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Quite shameful that you have to abandon today's quiz due to problems with the damn platform provider.

My favourite part of Wednesday @Mi-Amigo 

With reference to the answers of Mondays quiz, can you just write the results without the stars or awards to let us all know how we did?

PS @Martin-O2 and @Mi-Amigo I got this message when I tried to post this message

ERRORS.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 69

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thank you both for the detail on this. I've raised a support ticket to have this investigated. I'll give you an update as soon as I hear back and I'll remove that topic for you @Mi-Amigo. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 35 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 126425 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

Here we go. I got TWO error messages when trying to post above. This was the Post Flooding one

post flooding.JPG

It took me 10 minutes to post the message above this one...and I got it to post eventually by removing a crying emoji I had included.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

I`ll have a go at giving the awards without stars and Thinker images.

SILVER THINKERS - 8 correct = @Cleoriff @BobM @pgn @MI5 

BRONZE THINKER + 1 star - 7 correct = @jonsie 

BRONZE THINKER - 6 correct = @gmarkj 

RED THINKER + 1 star - 5 correct = @lewys-gp @J9el 

3 stars - 3 correct = @Spenny 

2 stars - 2 correct = @TallTrees @RafaC 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 37 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25672 Posts
  • 864 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

The messages I`ve been getting are the same as those in @Cleoriff latest post on here ^^

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 126425 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

So by my deductions @Martin-O2 @Mi-Amigo the fault is image related.

I removed two emoji's and it posted. The WRQ is full of images and gets the two error messages I've shown above.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 126425 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Thanks for the results @Mi-Amigo 

Well done everyone. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket