White Room Quiz Mon 07 Nov 2022 - Return of A to Z Quiz part 2

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1667807986446.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s WRQ is the second part of the three-part Return of the A to Z Quiz.

Instead of 8 questions - with two questions on each of four of the usual categories - there are 8 questions,

with one question on each of 8 subjects - each based on a letter of the alphabet

I INITIALS;  J JANUARY;  K KILLERS;  L LOGOS;  M MOTORWAYS;  N NUMBERS;  O ORANGE;  P POSTCODES 

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between from 12 noon today [Mon] to 03.00am Wednesday morning.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5   @TallTrees  @BobM  @Spenny  @Comben  @J9el  @adec @RafaC 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 I - INITALS - In the name of the store, what do the initials B & Q stand for ?

Q2 J - JANUARY - January replaced which month as the first month of the year in the Roman calendar ?

Q3 K - KILLERS - What was the name of the serial killer known as the Yorkshire Ripper ?

Q4 L - LOGOS - How many white spots in total are on the logo for Dominos Pizzas ?

Q5 M - MOTORWAYS - How many service station are there in total on the M25 ?

[you don`t have to name them, I just want the total number]

Q6 N - NUMBERS - What is the total sum if all the numbers on a roulette wheel are added up together ?

Q7 O - ORANGE - What type of insect is an orange-tip ?

Q8 P - POSTCODES - GY10 was designated as the postcode of where in the Channel Islands in 2011 ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 07 Nov] and up to 03.00am Wed 09 2022] .

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on Wed 09 Nov 2022

Each member will be awarded star.pngfor each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1667807987177.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me Mi-Amigo between 12 noon today [Mon 07 Nov] and before 03.00am Wed 09 Nov 2022].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 03.00am on Wed 09 Nov 2022 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146964 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Well done all and thanks @Mi-Amigo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 27

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4611 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo 

Ah well, I admit it, I was 'caught out' with Q8.

I thought it seemed a bit too easy.... d'oh!  😖

Well done everyone  👍

Message 22 of 27

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hopefully will do better on today's third part of the A to Z WRQ.

Thanks @Mi-Amigo and well done everyone.

Message 23 of 27

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11036 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

Didn't know that all the numbers added together on Roulette wheel added up to 666 👿

tells everything about the gambling games! 

Great a Red Thinker again @Mi-Amigo 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 24 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Mi-AmigoI have a query about one question/answer. I'll PM you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 27

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @BobM @RafaC @TallTrees @MI5 @Cleoriff 

Pleased you enjoyed the quiz and well done on your awards.

@Cleoriff Thank you for pm with your query about one of the questions.

On checking, there are four service stations for motor vehicle on M25 plus one for HGVs 

As the question did not specify motor vehicles, I`ll accept 4 AND 5 as correct answers.

Therefore the awards need to be adjusted and

@Cleoriff and @jonsie are each awarded the SILVER THINKER

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 27

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Mi-Amigo, I very much enjoyed this WRQ. Although I'm not sure how I got half a mark for my complete guess in question 1 but I'll take it. 👍

Very pleased with my Red Thinker overall and well done to everyone else... Lots of people with top marks in there and at least one star from all players. 😀

Have to add onto the comments about the roulette wheel, it's creepy all the numbers add to 666... It's a clear sign right there yet we still play!

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 27 of 27