White Room Quiz - Another "Odd Qs" ed - Wed 05 Jan 2022

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1641381110092.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is another "Odd Questions" edition.

Instead of eight questions with two questions from each of the usual categories, there are eight questions,

with one question on each of these subjects

- INTERNET    FLAGS    MOTORWAYS    HIGHWAY CODE    COLOURS    SAYINGS    SLANG    CLOTHES  

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff @pgn @jonsie @MI5 @gmarkj @TallTrees @BobM @lewys-gp @RafaC @Martin-O2 @MAKAZAGA 

new member @adelphiaUK  who expressed an interest in the White Room Quiz, and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 INTERNET - .tv is the domain of which island nation, which licences it to television websites ?

Q2 FLAGS - which animal is on the flag of the Faukland Islands ?

Q3 MOTORWAYS - M60 is a ringroad round which British city ?

Q4 HIGHWAY CODE - Car horn should not be sounded in a built up area after what time of night ?

Q5 COLOURS - What colour is produced by mixing cyan with magenta ?

Q6 SAYINGS - Complete this well-known saying... "To err is human, to forgive is ----- "

Q7 SLANG - What is the Cockney rhyming slang for a suit ?

Q8 CLOTHES - What is the common name for women`s kneelength trousers, cut with full legs to resemble a skirt ? 

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 05 Jan 2022] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 06 Jan 2022]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 07 Jan 2022

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1641381110224.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 05 Jan 2022] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thus 06 Jan 2022].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 06 Jan 2022 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone who has sent me a pm with their answers.

Gentle reminder to our usual quizzers 

@BobM @jonsie @gmarkj  @lewys-gp @adelphiaUK @MAKAZAGA @Martin-O2 

and anyone else who would like to take part

There is still plenty of time - up to 11.59pm tonight [Thurs] - to pm me @Mi-Amigo with your answers.

Lok forward to hearing from you

Good luck

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @lewys-gp 

pm with your 8 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 31

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Thanks for the reminder @Mi-Amigo - PM now on the way

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @gmarkj 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @adelphiaUK 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

like the gif

pm with your 8 answers received - well before the deadline

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 18 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE ANSWERS

Q1 INTERNET - .tv is the domain of which island nation, which licences it to television websites ?

A1   Tuvulu

Q2 FLAGS - which animal is on the flag of the Faukland Islands ?

A2   ram [I`ll also accept sea lion as on pervious Fauklands flag  as correct answer 

Q3 MOTORWAYS - M60 is a ringroad round which British city ?

A3   Manchester

Q4 HIGHWAY CODE - Car horn should not be sounded in a built up area after what time of night ?

A4   11.30pm

Q5 COLOURS - What colour is produced by mixing cyan with magenta ?

A5   blue [I`ll also accept purple, which could be the colour, depending on mixture, as correct answer

Q6 SAYINGS - Complete this well-known saying... "To err is human, to forgive is ----- "

A6   divine

Q7 SLANG - What is the Cockney rhyming slang for a suit ?

A7   whistle and flute

Q8 CLOTHES - What is the common name for women`s kneelength trousers, cut with full legs to resemble a skirt ? 

A8   culottes

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 31

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE RESULTS:

@RafaC 

Q1 Latvia - incorrect  Q2 correct - awarded star  Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 10pm - incorrect

Q5 brown - incorrect  Q6 saint - incorrect  Q7 pass Q8 pass

Total: 2 star for two correct answers

@Cleoriff 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 correct - awarded star  Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 correct - awarded star

plus for 8 correct answers also awarded

MiAmigo_0-1641544370388.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@MI5 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 correct - awarded star  Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 correct - awarded star

MiAmigo_1-1641544593951.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@pgn 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 correct - awarded star Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 correct - awarded star

MiAmigo_2-1641544797417.jpeg

Silver Thinker

@TallTrees 

Q1 pass  Q2 penguin - incorrect  Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

plus for 6 correct answers also awarded 

MiAmigo_2-1640766547448.jpeg

Bronze Thinker

@lewys-gp 

Q1 pass  Q2 pass  Q3 Birmingham - incorrect  Q4 correct - awarded star  Q5 correct - awarded star

Q6 pass  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 pass

Total: 3 star for three correct answers

@gmarkj 

Q1 pass  Q2 penguin - incorrect  Q3 correct - awarded star  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 pass  Q6 correct - awarded star  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 correct - awarded star

plus for 5 correct answers also awarded    

MiAmigo_3-1641545445685.jpeg

Red Thinker

@adelphiaUK 

Q1 correct - awarded star  Q2 deer - incorrect  Q3 Birmingham - incorrect  Q4 correct - awarded star

Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6 forget - incorrect  Q7 correct - awarded star  Q8 scoucers - incorrect

plus for 4 correct answers also awarded    

MiAmigo_4-1641545669560.jpeg

Red Thinker

@jonsie 

MiAmigo_5-1641545874004.jpeg

Silver Thinker

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 20 of 31