Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MiAmigo_0-1636654217556.png

Next Monday [Mon 15 Nov 2021], the White Room Quiz will include the

1500th White Room Quiz question

since the White Room Quiz began on 1st August 2019.

There will be 8 questions - with one question on each of these categories -

PEOPLE    PLACES    NATURE    ART    MOVIES    TV    SPORT    FOOD & DRINK

One of the questions [and I`m not saying in which category] will be the 1500th White Room Quiz question.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star and, in addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows  

MiAmigo_8-1636654849011.png

PLUS - each quizzer who correctly answers the 1500th WRQ question will be awarded a trophy .

BRIEF HISTORY of the WHITE ROOM QUIZ.

After various quizzes in Off Topic, the White Room Quiz first appeared on 1 August 2019.

The name White Room Quiz was intended as a contrast to BBC TV`s Mastermind, where contestants are under a spotlight with a daunting atmosphere. Instead the White Room Quiz would be bright and above all - fun.

Since the White Room Quiz began, the White Room Quizzers have faced a wide variety of questions - some "easier", some which quiz books rated as "difficult" - and is about to reach its 1500th question.

It has been, and continues to be, an honour and a privilege to search out the questions and to run the White Room Quiz which will continue for as long as members want it and enjoy it.

I am grateful to each and every one of those, past and present, who have tackled some, if not all, of the White Room Quizzes.

I hope our present regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj   @MI5  @TallTrees  @BobM  @lewys-gp  @RafaC  @Martin-O2 

members of the Community who taken part in WRQ in the past - including

@Cairdeas1  @AK04 and former O2 Community Managers @Marjo  @TheresaV  @LukasB [maybe someone could let them know this WRQ milestone is happening and ask them to join in 😁

and any member, who has never taken part, and any new members will take part in next Monday`s 

White Room Quiz on Mon 15 Nov 2021 and will come and face the 1500th White Room Quiz question.

Thank you.

MiAmigo_7-1636654216552.gif

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looking forward to it @Mi-Amigo and well done you for all your hard work. 1500 questions? Blimey, that's a real record kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for your kind comments

Not all 1500 questions have been down to me...

I should like to make special mention that two White Room Quizzes were by @Cleoriff , who researched and set the questions, and ran WRQ so I could take part 😁 

Thank you.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I forgot those @Mi-Amigo 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

Pleased you`re looking forward to the WRQ with the 1500th question.

And, as you said, who could forget @Cleoriff WRQ quizzes ?? 😁

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo  @jonsie 

All I remember is

1) I asked a question where there was more than 1 answer (in fact there were about 8 correct answers!)

2) It took me about 45 minutes to put all the results up with the stars!

3) Marjo thinking a 2 legged cheetah was the fastest animal in the world 😂😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

MiAmigo_0-1636654217556.png

Next Monday [Mon 15 Nov 2021], the White Room Quiz will include the

1500th White Room Quiz question

since the White Room Quiz began on 1st August 2019.

There will be 8 questions - with one question on each of these categories -

PEOPLE    PLACES    NATURE    ART    MOVIES    TV    SPORT    FOOD & DRINK

One of the questions [and I`m not saying in which category] will be the 1500th White Room Quiz question.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star and, in addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows  

MiAmigo_8-1636654849011.png

PLUS - each quizzer who correctly answers the 1500th WRQ question will be awarded a trophy .

BRIEF HISTORY of the WHITE ROOM QUIZ.

After various quizzes in Off Topic, the White Room Quiz first appeared on 1 August 2019.

The name White Room Quiz was intended as a contrast to BBC TV`s Mastermind, where contestants are under a spotlight with a daunting atmosphere. Instead the White Room Quiz would be bright and above all - fun.

Since the White Room Quiz began, the White Room Quizzers have faced a wide variety of questions - some "easier", some which quiz books rated as "difficult" - and is about to reach its 1500th question.

It has been, and continues to be, an honour and a privilege to search out the questions and to run the White Room Quiz which will continue for as long as members want it and enjoy it.

I am grateful to each and every one of those, past and present, who have tackled some, if not all, of the White Room Quizzes.

I hope our present regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj   @MI5  @TallTrees  @BobM  @lewys-gp  @RafaC  @Martin-O2 

members of the Community who taken part in WRQ in the past - including

@Cairdeas1  @AK04 and former O2 Community Managers @Marjo  @TheresaV  @LukasB [maybe someone could let them know this WRQ milestone is happening and ask them to join in 😁

and any member, who has never taken part, and any new members will take part in next Monday`s 

White Room Quiz on Mon 15 Nov 2021 and will come and face the 1500th White Room Quiz question.

Thank you.

MiAmigo_7-1636654216552.gif

@Mi-Amigo 

You mean it's not? 😂

Message 8 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

1500, eh?

Hard to believe that makes over 12000 answers that @Mi-Amigo has had to wade through, based on 8 people taking part every week. Above and beyond the call of, well, whatever it is that makes him want to do it, I guess 🤣👍

Looking forward to Places, Nature and Food&Drink q's on Monday 😉

Message 9 of 12

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

😱

Blimey! What a milestone, congratulations @Mi-Amigo!

Looking forward to partaking in the game on Monday slight_smile

Message 10 of 12