Did you mean: 

White Room Quiz - Advanced Notice 1000th question

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

white-room-quiz2.png

Next Monday [Mon 12 April 2021], the White Room Quiz will include the

1000th White Room Quiz question

since the White Room Quiz began on 1 August 2019

Instead of the usual eight questions, the White Room Quiz on Monday 12 April will be 10 questions

with one question on each of these categories

HISTORY  GEOGRAPHY  NATURE  SPACE  LITERATURE  MUSIC  MOVIES  GAMES  EVENTS  FOOD & DRINK 

Q10 will be the 1000th WHITE ROOM QUIZ QUESTION

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star and in addition these trophies will be awarded for

10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers       answers       answers      answers 

golden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg     bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Golden          Silver          Bronze              Red

Thinker        Thinker       Thinker           Thinker 

and each person who correctly answers Q10 - the 1000th White Room Quiz question - will also be awarded a trophy

Following the various quizzes in Off Topic on the Community, the White Room Quiz first appeared on 1 August 2019.

The name White Room Quiz was intended as a contrast to BBC TV`s Mastermind, where contestants are under a spotlight with a daunting atmosphere. Instead the White Room Quiz would be bright and above all - fun.

Since the White Room Quiz began, the White Room Quizzers have faced a wide variety of questions - some "easier", some which quiz books rated as "difficult" - and is about to reach its 1000th question.

It has been, and continues to be, an honour and a privilege to search out the questions and to run the White Room Quiz which will continue for as long as members want it and enjoy it.

I am grateful to each and every one of those, past and present, who have tackled some, if not all, of the White Room Quizzes.

I hope our present regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5  @TallTrees  @Cairdeas  @TheresaV  @LukasB  @Martin-O2 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members

will take part in next Monday`s White Room Quiz on Mon 12 April 2021 and will come and face the 1000th White Room Quiz question.

Thank you.

Bow 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can't believe that it will be 1000th question in today's WRQ! That's amazing! 

Kudos to everyone who has been taking part over the years but I think a special shoutout to you @Mi-Amigo for taking the time and putting in the effort for finding absolutely cracking questions every single week for two WRQ and on top of that running the Word Hunt Diamond. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone on the community that you are definitely brightening our days with that smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 10

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV for your very kind words.

The White Room Quiz would not be the success it has been without the wonderful quizzers who have taken part, and the regular quizzers who join in no matter how hard some of the questions might be.

One small point - the 1000th question is in next Monday`s [Mon 12 April] White Room Quiz - not in today`s White Room Quiz which is the Easter edition.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I second that @Mi-Amigo @TheresaV .

We are hopefully coming out of the worst time of our lives. This forum and particulary all the quizzes set by @Mi-Amigo  have added light to the dark days. So yes, of course I'll take part. In fact I wouldn't miss one.

The 1000th WRQ?! Certainly kept this old brain active. Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thank you @TheresaV for your very kind words.

The White Room Quiz would not be the success it has been without the wonderful quizzers who have taken part, and the regular quizzers who join in no matter how hard some of the questions might be.

One small point - the 1000th question is in next Monday`s [Mon 12 April] White Room Quiz - not in today`s White Room Quiz which is the Easter edition.

Ah sorry I misunderstood! But still something to look forward to wink So much fun taking part even if the questions are a bit more difficult. I for the least have learned quite a lot from them! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 10

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I second that @Mi-Amigo @TheresaV .

We are hopefully coming out of the worst time of our lives. This forum and particulary all the quizzes set by @Mi-Amigo  have added light to the dark days. So yes, of course I'll take part. In fact I wouldn't miss one.

The 1000th WRQ would be a milestone to reach for sure @Cleoriff! Let's see how long I will be able to keep up with you guys sweat_smile

signature

Message 6 of 10

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your kind comments @Cleoriff and as you said if the WRQ has been even a little help in coping with the dark days we`ve had, then it has been all worth while; and I`m pleased you will be taking part in the special next Monday.

@Cleoriff wrote:

Errr not the 1000th WRQ joy but the 1000th question.

The 1000th WRQ will be in about 9 years time [based on the 100th WRQ having been on 27 Jan this year] but I promise that if I`m still around in 2030 I will run the 1000th White Room Quiz but have no idea how many questions I`ll have set and you wonderful WRQ Quizzers will have tackled by then LOL 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

I`ve already got the questions lined up and should be a lot of fun yahoo

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thank you for your kind comments @Cleoriff and as you said if the WRQ has been even a little help in coping with the dark days we`ve had, then it has been all worth while; and I`m pleased you will be taking part in the special next Monday.

@Cleoriff wrote:

Errr not the 1000th WRQ joy but the 1000th question.

The 1000th WRQ will be in about 9 years time [based on the 100th WRQ having been on 27 Jan this year] but I promise that if I`m still around in 2030 I will run the 1000th White Room Quiz but have no idea how many questions I`ll have set and you wonderful WRQ Quizzers will have tackled by then LOL 

A few brain cells died (or my finger slipped) there @Mi-Amigo ...so maybe it's not keeping my brain as active as I thought. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10