White Room Quiz - A to Z Quiz part 2 - Wed 15 Dec 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1639558268912.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

This week, for the first time, the White Room Quizzes, will be 

WHITE ROOM QUIZ - A to Z QUIZ 

each A to Z quiz with 8 questions - each question based on a subject with a letter of the alphabet

Today`s WRQ A to Z QUIZ [Part 2] is 8 questions on subjects with letters I; K; L; M; P; S; T; Z

Each of the questions will be drawn from the usual category of questions. 

Please note - each answer does not start with the same letter of the alphabet as the question.  

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff @pgn @jonsie @MI5 @BobM @TallTrees @gmarkj @lewys-gp @RafaC @MAKAZAGA @Martin-O2 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 I [Games]      - IL GIOCO DEL LOTTO DI ITALIA was an early version of which game?

Q2 K [Sport]       - KARATE = What colour belt is immediately below a black belt ?

Q3 L [Words]      - LATIBULE, a 17th century word, refers to what ? 

Q4 M [People]   - MARIE ANTOINETTE was the wife of which King of France ?

Q5 P [Space]      - POLARIS is the brightest star in which constellation ?

Q6 S [Art]           - SCENE D`ETE, housed in Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Mass, USA, was painted in 1869

by which impressionist painter ?

Q7 T [Movies]    - TOMB RAIDER, 2018 movie = who played the character Lara Croft ?

Q8 Z [Nature]    - ZWARTBLES is a breed of which farm animal ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 15 Dec 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 16 Dec 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 17 Dec 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1639558269020.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 15 Dec 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 16 Dec 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 16 Dec 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 31 of 39

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn  @Cleoriff @MI5 @BobM @RafaC @jonsie 

pleased you enoyed the quiz and well done on your awards - as there were two difficult and a few tougher ones this time 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 39

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10783 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Scream Scream ~ downhill here.  @Mi-Amigo 

one correct and I should hope so as

I used to be interested in the history of  Marie Antoinette I collected very old engravings etc. moved on to other things ~

and sold them to a Club collecting memorabilia in France!! Laugh, 😂

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 33 of 39

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees 

Sorry you missed out with a couple of questions, but they were harder this time.

Hope you`ll like the Xmas-themed WRQ on Monday.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 34 of 39

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10783 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Yes I will try those @Mi-Amigo 

Are you doing the Diamond game on Tuesday?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 35 of 39

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Yes I will try those @Mi-Amigo 

Are you doing the Diamond game on Tuesday?

Yes @TallTrees  The Word Hunt Diamond game - Xmas edition - will be on Tues 21 Dec

Hope yo, and all our regular wordsmiths and anyone else will come and take part. Should be fun 😁 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 36 of 39

Pleiades
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being slightly picky here but whenever I joined a Karate club (this was Traditional Shotokan exclusively, I know there are hundreds of variants), the belt below black was always brown with 2 white stripes (then brown, one stripe, then just brown etc)  😀

Message 37 of 39

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not picky at all @Pleiades . We always welcome additional info which might add to an answer to a quiz question.

Myabe you would like to take part in the White Room Quiz ? The next one will be on Monday 20 Dec with a Xmas themed edition. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 39

Pleiades
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes possibly another time, but 'Xmas themed' is a huge turn-off for me I'm afraid!  😄

Message 39 of 39