White Room Quiz 100th Quiz Special Announcement

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
White Room Quiz - Special Announcement

white-room-quiz2.png

This coming Wednesday  - 27 January 2021 - will be the

100th White Room Quiz

since the White Room Quiz began on 1 August 2019

Instead of the usual eight questions, there will be 15 questions - with one question on each of these categories

HISTORY  PEOPLE   GEOGRAPHY   PLACES   NATURE   SPACE   MOVIES   WORDS 

LITERATURE    MUSIC    ART    MOVIES    TV    SPORT    GAMES    FOOD & DRINK

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer.

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

15 correct

answers

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

Since the White Room Quiz began on 1 August 2019, the quizzers have faced a variety of questions - some "tricky"; the occasional QI-style question, where the answer is not what most people think; and questions which quiz books rate as "easier", which some quizzers have found difficult.

Some of the White Room Quizzers have correctly answered a question which Paul Sinha, ranked No 17 in the World Quiz Championship, got wrong on ITV`s The Chase; correctly answered a question which one of the country`s top quiz teams got wrong on Ch 4`s The Hardest Question; correctly answered a question which Kevin, Mastermind Champion, got wrong on BBC TV`s Eggheads; and correctly answered the question which Judith Keppell correctly answered to become the first person to win £1million on ITV`s Who Wants To Be A Miilionaire.

Now, to celebrate the 100th White Room Quiz, there is a chance to be awarded the Platinum Thinker.  

I am grateful to each and every one of those, past and present, who have tackled some, if not all, of the White Room Quiz questions.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie   @MI5  @gmarkj   @Anonymous  @Martin-O2  @LukasB   @TheresaV 

and @TallTrees [who joined in with the WRQ last Wed]; and @Marjo   and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with the White Room Quiz 100th Quiz on Wednesday 27 January 2021.

Thank you. Look forward to seeing as many as possible taking part. 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like torture slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

What a fantastic milestone @Mi-Amigo! Really looking forward to this yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 13

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV  @MI5  @Martin-O2 

I hope you`ll all be taking part and I`m sure the quiz won`t be "torture" yahoo but fun.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 13