White Room End Of The Year Quiz

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to 

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s Quiz is the White Room End Of The Year Quiz

[part of 🎅🏻 🎄 Christmas On The Community] 

There are 15 questions based on some of the events and people who sadly passed away in 2020, with

one question on a date in each month of the year, except April for which there are four questions, and

for the first time, a PLATINUM THINKER for each person who gives 15 correct answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie   @MI5   @gmarkj   @Anonymous   @LukasB   @Martin-O2   @Marjo 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S 15 QUESTIONS

Q1 JAN 21   Which former member of Monty Python died aged 77 ? 

Q2 FEB 16    Record high number of flood warnings in England due to storm.

What was the name of this storm ?

Q3 MAR 16  First daily TV press conference from No 10 updating public on Covid-19 pandemic with

Boris Johnson and UK Chief Medical Advisor and UK Chief Scientific Advisor.

Name either the UK Chief Medical Advisor or UK Chief Scientific Advisor.

Q4 APR 02   Eddie Large, comedian, died aged 78.

What was the stage name of his comedy partner?

Q5 APR 05   Honor Blackman, actor, died aged 94.

What was the name of the character she played in the Bond film Goldfinger?

Q6 APR 20   The founder of pirate radio station Radio Caroline died aged 91.

What was his name?

Q7 APR 29    Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds announced birth of their son.

What first name did they give their son?  

Q8 MAY 10  The UK Government Covid-19 slogan "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives" changed

to what three-phrase slogan?

Q9 JUN 10   During anti-racist protests following killing of George Floyd, statue of 17th century slave

trader pulled down in Bristol. Who was the statue of [name]?

Q10 JUL 10  Jack Charlton, footballer, died aged 95.

Played for England in 1966 World Cup Final. Which team did he play for at that time?  

Q11 AUG 16 Ronnie O`Sullivan won his 6th World title at 2020 World Snooker Championship.

Who did he defeat in the final?

Q12 SEP 10  Diana Rigg, actor, died aged 82.

Which character did she play in the Bond film On Her Majesty`s Secret Service?

Q13 OCT 28 Bobby Ball comedian, died aged 76.

What was the name of the character he played in TV series Not Going Out?

Q14 NOV 15  Ray Clemence, goalkeeper, died aged 72

How many England caps did he get between 1972 and 1983?

Q15 DEC 10  Barbara Windsor died aged 85.

What was the title of the first Carry On film in which she appeared in 1964?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 30 Dec] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday 31 Dec]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 1 Jan 2021

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 30 December 2020] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 31 December 2020].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 31 December will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" and take part in this quiz

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

15 correct

answers

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the quiz so popular.

I hope everyone enjoys today`s White Room Quiz, and find it fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

OHHHH First comment pray

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Blimey!! Some thinking required for this one @Mi-Amigo !!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 42

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

I admit that some of the questions might need a bit of thinking about and might test the grey cells Thinking but the good news yahoo is there is no QI-style question where the answers is not what most people think Bouncy

I look forward to pm with your 15 answers. Good luck.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff 

I admit that some of the questions might need a bit of thinking about and might test the grey cells Thinking but the good news yahoo is there is no QI-style question where the answers is not what most people think Bouncy

I look forward to pm with your 15 answers. Good luck.

I must admit, I'm far better with questions from the past. Long term memory is good. Short term?  Not so much rofl (Having said that, there are a few I'm fairly confident of)

PS.. you won't be getting THIS at just gone 12 md yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 42

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Blimey, some right pearls in there!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 42

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No prob @Cleoriff . Plenty of time to send pm.

@gmarkj I don`t think anyone would disagree that there are "some right pearls" in this quiz Thoughful

@LukasB 

Thank you

pm with your 15 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 42

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
See you in a few days once the research is complete !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 42

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
See you in a few days once the research is complete !

Good luck @MI5 with your research.

As for "a few day", gentle reminder, you do have until 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday] to pm me with your 15 answers. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 42

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

https://media.giphy.com/media/tZ6zAdNZbWOhq/giphy.gif | Monty python, Python,  Monty python flying circus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 42