cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which sports do you think should receive more coverage?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys,

We’re pretty spoilt for choice when it comes to televised sports these days and most other things are available online but do you think anything is missing from the line up on regular channels?

Perhaps some American sports you want to see more of like the Super Bowl? Did anyone stay up to watch the last one and have to pull a sicky the next day?  Whistle

Is there something that you enjoy and think deserves TV coverage? On the flip side to you think any current televised sports should not be on TV? 

TV sports .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124125 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I love many sports and can't bear to watch others...However, each to their own and I wouldn't wish anything to be removed if honest. My biggest dislike is Sky taking over the monopoly of a lot of sports. Many people can't afford Sky. One other gripe are those TV channels which throw in adverts at every opportunity ...get on my nerves. ITV should NEVER show football particularly the massive matches. They think nothing of cutting away to adverts and robbing the viewing public of reactions

Changed my mind...I hate boxing with a passion. They could take that off and I wouldn't care...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 83

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I have to agree about sky having a monopoly over some of the more popular events. Definitely unfair as its a paid for service. You get the add breaks with them too. 

What is it about boxing you don't like? Is it all fighting sports your not keen on or just boxing in particular? 

@jonsie I take it your a fan of the technical aspect's of beach Vollyball? Smiley Very Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 83

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Beach Volleyball.....

Now we're talking sport !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 83

MI5
  • 146702 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
There are certain "aspects" he is drawn to wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 124125 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I will leave you boys with a few macs to put on...Surprised Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Lets not stray to far off topic in that direction guys Smiley Indifferent

signature

Message 8 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 124125 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Lets not stray to far off topic in that direction guys Smiley Indifferent

Oh I think they know me well enough to realise I was having a joke

As for boxing I really don't like it due the brain damage it often causes. However there is danger in many sports ...I just don't think boxing is regulated enough. My opinion  of course ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh I think they know me well enough to realise I was having a joke

As for boxing I really don't like it due the brain damage it often causes. However there is danger in many sports ...I just don't think boxing is regulated enough. My opinion  of course ..

Of course my comment was light hearted too wink

Yes it was only a few weekends ago when Nick Blackwell ended up in an enduced coma for a week! 

signature

Message 10 of 83