Did you mean: 

Which apps are you currently using?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

The current range of apps is amazing and you can find one for pretty much any conceivable task these days from games and puzzles to photo and video editing tools or apps that help you manage your life like calenders or personal assistants.  

Personally I use the both the Twitter and Facebook apps most days to keep in touch with friends and the all important gaming news. I would be lost without my Maps app, calender and calculator! 

I also make regular use of a bus countdown app which provides live updates of buses based on your location.

Screenshot_2016-07-19-13-51-07.png

Another great app I use to help me plain my workouts I use an app called HIIT interval training timer. This allows me to set custom exercise and rest periods.

Screenshot_2016-07-19-14-24-02.png

Which apps are you currently using on a regular basis and why? 

Apps 2 .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine are Facebook, weather, iTunes, myo2, Amazon & YouTube 

Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ios metcheck app has to have some of the most accurate results so far of any app the website is also very cool loads of great features

facebook and twitter for the usual reasons

and when i want to let of steam angrybirds friends

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Heya

I use FB/Messenger (& sometimes Whatsapp) - to stay in contact

Maps (from Apple) to navigate - sometimes at work too

Stocard - to have all my bonuscards with me

An app for my car to see how much gasoline I used

Some app with medicine, dose etc for work

That's it ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 4 of 8

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Lets see: Yahoo mail, Ebay, Kickstarter, Feedly and Evernote and occasionally when it works, TuGo (and MyO2 of course) on both the iPhone and MotoX. There's a couple of useful wifi/network apps on the MotoX that I use once in a while for checking/testing things. No games on either phone and FB/Twitter reside for non-personal use on the MotoX.

Sitting underused at the moment on the iPhone are MidiGuitar, Sampletank, Bias and JamUp Pro which is quite awesome when they do get used.

And yes, I'm going to buy a proper calculator (my old scientific is sadly no longer working) as the ones on all phones are abysmal.

Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Good lord, this is going to be a long list...

Reading - use both Kindle and Google apps for different formats. (Also just found a site called bookbub - they email you a list of free or reduced price books for genres that you specify. Every day.)

Media - have podkicker (podcast), Radio X and Tunein for radio, LG Music app for music, MX player, YouTube and TubeMate for videos. Feersum TV Guide for, well, TV guide.

Office - Evernote (notes/info to remember), X-Plore (file manager) and various of the google docs apps for things. LinkedIn for, well, LinkedIn. Freemind for mind maps (when I think about stuff).

Sport - FotMob (football scores, covers most leagues), Arseblog (blog/news about Arsenal... here comes the abuse....)

o2 - My o2, Priority, Wifi and Tu

News/Weather - BBC News, BBC Sport and BBC Weather apps, plus UKWF Weather Radar (pretty cool, they do 5 minute updated radar maps for weather. Gives you a great idea of which direction it goes and how long it might last).

Fitness - Mi Fit (have a Mi Band Pulse, review slowly being written), Google Fit and 7M workout (7 minute workouts, with/out warm up and down)

Communication - standard phone app for texts, plus WhatApp for sending photos, outlook and Gmail for email (i know i could use one app for both but never liked how other apps looked/worked. Go figure.), Skype for video calling. Also Twitter and use Chrome for internet and FB (avoiding the need for a 200MB monster that tracks everything, plus a separate messaging app...).

Techy stuff - Geekbench 3, Fing, Speedtest, Wifi Analyser, SD Insight, A1 SD Bench, AIDA64 and OpenSignal for various bits. Probably a lot of overlap, but hey I'm not short of memory at the minute so not bothered. Also 3g Watchdog for checking mobile data usage (could do this with My o2, but there is a lag and the 3g watchdog has a handy double usage/time bar that shows how much you have used in how long of the period is left to estimate usage, plus gives you a projected total amount used.) Have AVG antivirus as well.

Games - Candy Crush (yes, I know), That Level Again 1, 2 & 3, Brain it on!

Built in (LG) - LG Calendar, calculator, messages, contacts, quickremote.

Others - Amazon shopping, Pingit, Google Maps, Waze and MyCar Locator (navigation/driving), Gumtree, JustEat, Wikipedia, Patient Acess for booking Dr appt (done on-line), Chrome remote access to get into home laptop when away.

I think that is a complete list...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mine will be a short list as I prefer laptop or tablet...(yes I know stone age)

I use the usual FB, Messenger, Whatsapp, YouTube etc etc. etc...

Most of the O2 apps including Tu...a lifeline when abroad

Not forgetting the wonderful Mobdro...which allows me to watch any sport, news, tv channels, etc etc etc wherever I am in the world. Never missed one F1 race since I downloaded it....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for sharing everyone! Some really interesting stuff here. I'll definitely be checking a few of these out. Especially interested in the podcast apps and the office stuff which I've never used on my phone. 

Great to see Angry Birds mentioned here too! I used to be addicted to that game. It got me through many boring commutes. slight_smile

Out of interest are most of you using these apps on a mobile handset, tablet or a mix of both? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8