Did you mean: 

Where does your username come from?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, happy Friday and almost-weekend smiling

I see loads of different member names here on the community, sometimes funny ones or strange ones too which are fun to spot. Smiley Very Happy I wonder where they originate from so would like to ask you all:

Where does your username come from?

Is there a story behind it, or is it simply your first name (or part of it), like mine? I know some of your stories from over the years but it would be lovely to hear more.

Thanks! grin

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Korkmaz wrote:

My pussycat's name is Korkmaz.

That's sweet! Nice to hear where your username comes from @Korkmaz. I have cats too. Cat Very Happy

Message 71 of 80

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Korkmaz wrote:

My pussycat's name is Korkmaz.

We have that in common then @Korkmaz wink

My username is an amalgamation of two of my cats. (Sadly no longer with us)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 80

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My Username is very unusal for many people, but to a group of Jewish & Christian People is very common, the name is comprising of 3 parts "Tsidkenu" number "1" and  follow by a country "es"

Tsidkenu (Hebrew word) was the name of my Karate club, the meaning is for you or anyone else who is interested to found out, for those who find it may have a surprise. of course the number 1 represent uniqueness, first...etc etc, the country "es" stands for Spain (Espña) but also the word "es" translate in to English = is, when you put it all together, it becomes the confirmation of the meaning of "Tsidkenu"

First time I used this username was in Spain 20 years ago and stuck with me since then...

By the way, my name is John

Don't know

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 73 of 80

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 74 of 80

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Tsidkenu1es (John). A great big welcome to you Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 80

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Tsidkenu1es wrote:

My Username is very unusal for many people, but to a group of Jewish & Christian People is very common, the name is comprising of 3 parts "Tsidkenu" number "1" and  follow by a country "es"

Tsidkenu (Hebrew word) was the name of my Karate club, the meaning is for you or anyone else who is interested to found out, for those who find it may have a surprise. of course the number 1 represent uniqueness, first...etc etc, the country "es" stands for Spain (Espña) but also the word "es" translate in to English = is, when you put it all together, it becomes the confirmation of the meaning of "Tsidkenu"

First time I used this username was in Spain 20 years ago and stuck with me since then...

By the way, my name is John

Don't know

Hi Señor Juan. Because I'm a curious soul, and in spite of being Jewish have no Hebrew, I googled Tsidkenu - it means righteousness. So I would translate your username as 'first in righteousness', or along those lines anyway.

So welcome again @Tsidkenu1es (Señor Juan) smile

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 76 of 80

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
And another welcome, O Righteous Juan 😉
Message 77 of 80

Tsidkenu1es
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1Google nearly got it right, I presume  they don't want to offend anyone... Righteousness not as a descriptive frase, but it refers to The One and Only ... because none of us is righteous... no matter what we do...

@pgnheart your comment, but I can only wish it... not just for me but for everyone else.

innocent

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 78 of 80

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Tsidkenu1es wrote:

@Glory1Google nearly got it right, I presume  they don't want to offend anyone... Righteousness not as a descriptive frase, but it refers to The One and Only ... because none of us is righteous... no matter what we do...

@pgnheart your comment, but I can only wish it... not just for me but for everyone else.

innocent

No @Tsidkenu1es that wasn't Google that was me, sorry. The actual quote was righteousness as applied to Jehovah or Yaweh or God, depending on your faith. Clearly I got that wrong joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 79 of 80

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Love this breakdown of your username, @Tsidkenu1es smiling And a great karate club name that is!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 80 of 80