cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best provider deal you've negotiated ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Evening ,

So far I've had Bt Broadband and home telephone package continually reduce my quarterly bill from £110 to around £90.

With Sky Tv I have negotiated 25% off my monthly bill. Normally £55 down to just over £40 a month. I'm given this for six months which I have had now for the last 18 months.

How's your negotiating skills ?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Virgin media knocked my bill from £60pm to £32 after threatening to leave.

It shows how much of a mark up they have on their products:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm with TalkTalk and the last time I renewed, they had a special offer running but my monthly package inc broadband is now £14.50 (though I could reduce that). However I paid up line rental for a year so got an extra discount. Yes, I am a very happy customer of TT! 

Don't do paid TV but the temptation of getting Sky for what the new programs they've got is quite irresistable. Or DVD boxsets is more likely!

Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I know many who are happy with TT, the only problems some have is with their admin systems.

Have you looked at Youview for TV?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I know many who are happy with TT, the only problems some have is with their admin systems.

I have but the min speed is 3Mb and I'm on 2.5 slight_frown Don't think it can really get any faster than that as its old telegraph poles around here.

Message 5 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@perksie wrote:

I have but the min speed is 3Mb and I'm on 2.5 slight_frown Don't think it can really get any faster than that as its old telegraph poles around here.

I take it you have no broadband alternative available?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was hoping Bt would implement Bt infinity where I live but it seems that's far off so I'm stuck on the old system.

I was thinking of going on to Sky's broadband as its slightly cheaper however the friends I've spoken to on it have warned me off saying its ultra slow.
Message 7 of 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@sheepdog wrote:

@perksie wrote:

I take it you have no broadband alternative available?

BT Smiley LOL The local exchange has been LLU by TT but nobody else is interested so its effectively those two with the same speeds. There are a couple of companies doing this rural broadband but for the price v speed, the cost difference wasn't worth it in my opinion. 

BT Openreach have been quite active around here lately as they seem to be laying cable in a path direct to the exchange. It will be a while before they activate whatever that is.

The other option to get faster speed is more likely: move house!

Message 8 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

BT Openreach have been quite active around here lately as they seem to be laying cable in a path direct to the exchange. It will be a while before they activate whatever that is.

The other option to get faster speed is more likely: move house!

They're not laying fibre are they?

Moving seems a bit drastic! slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I think they are but its not exactly easy to stop on a main road with little overtaking areas and ask them wink 

Message 10 of 10