Did you mean: 

What's on your Summer Playlist?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Summer brings along a lot of things: for some it's the sun, for others (me) the guiltfree ice cream feasts, the beach holidays, the salads and barbecues, etc. But one thing that everyone can enjoy is the feel-good music Dance

I thought it'd be fun to find out which songs we each use as a happy soundtrack - whether you prefer the newest Summer hits or stick to good old upbeat classics, I'm sure you all have a handful of titles that instantly bring a smile to your face smile

So I'm curious, what's on your summer playlist?

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 14.40.54.png

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I just put five finger death punch on and let phone play all songs lol
Message 2 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I play music based on the mood I'm in at the time. So it could be reggae or soul or country or pop. Then it might be a particular artist like Elton John or David Bowie, the Supremes or Marvin Gaye or Janis Joplin. My playlists are set up based on music genre and artists (if I have enough tracks to make a separate playlist).

So it's less about the time of year and more about my mood as to what I listen to.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I never use summer as a yardstick for a playlist @EmilieT.

I love various music genres from any era, so anything I play will be based on a mixture of those.

Usually contains Queen, The Who, Sisters of Mercy, Pink Floyd, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Dire Straits,

T.Rex, AC/DC,The Doors, Chris Farlowe, Union Gap, Muse, Foo Fighters, Rag N' Bone Man, Bob Dylan, Snow Patrol, Eminem and many many more.

I'm not a fan of jazz or country music so you wouldn't find those on my playlists wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any sort of playlist ... however ... today on my Xperia1L phone I have found ABC 60 radio = sounds of the 60's music = just me ... & ... no need for headphones ... I've yet to hear if there are adverts

I like trad jazz & swing music music

Message 5 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@liggerz87 I had never heard of Finger death punch, heavy metal isn't usually part of what Spotify suggests for me but I also usually just pick one song or artist and let my phone play whatever it wants sweat_smile

@Glory1 If we go by mood, is there a genre or artist you found you go back to easily when you're in a really good upbeat mood?? I'm thinking Earth wind and fire's September or Blue suede's hooked on a feeling kind of upbeat if that makes sense Bouncy

@Cleoriff Those are some great names you listed, definitely love some Dire Straits and Snow Patrol ... are jazz and country the only genres you're not too much into? What about funk? There's one band that I really really like called Vulfpeck, they're not too widely known yet but incredibly good.

@Anonymous No adverts Angel Fantastic 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT

I do like some funk. Generally those from the good old days

James Brown, (generally soul, but did some good funk records) Earth,Wind and Fire, Sly and the Family Stone, Chic, Average White Band to name but a few.

All make sure you get up and dance Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Couldn't agree more DanceDanceDance You can try listening to Vulfpeck sometime, it's not old days but I really like them! Some of their songs have lyrics, some are only instrumental ... I'm going to see them for the second time live in September music

signature

Message 8 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieTif I'm in an upbeat mood then it's dance music I listen to like Michael Jackson's You Wanna Be Startin Something or James Brown's Get Up Offa That Thing. You just have to move when you hear MJ or the Godfather of Soul and that makes me happy 🤩

@Cleoriffhas mentioned some of my favourite funk sounds too.

When I want to rock out then it's definitely Queen or The Who not forgetting Janis Joplin and David Bowie.

But I also love country and my favourites Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers.

I do like jazz but am very fussy as I only like 'roaring 20s' jazz and New Orleans jazz. Modern jazz is just noise to me.

If I'm in a quiet mood it'll probably be classical Brahms, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven or Tchaikovsky.

Hope that helps.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I love five finger death punch there lyrics mean so much
Message 10 of 12