Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 751

Re: What made me happy today...

@pgn wrote:

They live about 20mins drive apart, and about 90mins from us by car, on a day with quiet traffic. Both are relatively close to the train too. 

Oh, not close then. My elder son lives a mile away. His brother lives about 5 miles from us.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Community Manager

Oh a quick happiness update from me. I think I've mentioned at some point here on the community that I've been looking for a new place to live for a couple of years. My current flat is a little too small as I want to ideally separate my working from home space from personal space, and also I want more space for my cats. And I need a better location too, currently it's inconvenient for multiple reasons.

I've finally found a place that matches all my requirements! Every time I've called to agencies and landlords they never accept pets. Smiley Sad But this time I got lucky and they don't mind. The house is old and needs paint and stuff but over time I'm sure I can get it looking nice. 

I move next month so will be taking a few days off around mid-month to arrange everything and make sure the cats are settled in properly too. 

And you gardeners @Cleoriff , @TallTrees and others, I can finally say I will have the back garden finally too! It's a mess though and I really need to learn how to take care of it so perhaps I should open a new topic for some tips sometime soon. LOL

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

Oh this sounds wonderful @Marjo. Really pleased for you, Arthur and Drake.

Will they remain as indoor cats now you have a garden?

I don't envy you the move though.....very stressful, so make sure you stay calm Lol.

Best of luck with it all. I'm sure it will work out well smiling

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 265

Really pleased you`ve found a new place for you and your cats @Marjo 

I`m sure it won`t be long after you move in that you`ll have it as the home you want, and with helpful tips from our gardening experts [don`t ask me - I`m the worst gardener and wouldn`t know where to start] you`ll have that looking good.

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Highlighted
Level 31: Resolver

Hey @Marjo
Absolutely great, so pleased for you! Painting decorating so therapeutic 🤪
Cats maybe able to go out for a while too, do some sunbathing....whilst you slog away in the garden borders etc.
When ready love to join in with a Marjo garden SOS topic 😊

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to remain calm with the move and not stress (too much) Smiley Happy

"Marjo gardening SOS" topic sounds great @TallTrees laughing

My cats will remain indoor cats @Cleoriff , I will build them a "catio" Smiley Happy Due to Arthur's nature/breed and Drake being so timid, and them being now almost 10 years old with no experience outside I've decided to keep them in. They will hopefully have their own outside space though once I get it set up!

@Mi-Amigo Yes I'm sure I'll get some handy tips from the garden experts on here! Too bad the cold season is starting (well apart from the current strange heatwave) so not sure how much I can do before winter.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

Pleased to hear they will stay in @Marjo. The catio sounds a wonderful idea. cool

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 48: Jubilant         

[ Edited ]

Congrats on finding somewhere you can settle a bit more @Marjo.
You could always buy a ready made product that you put together (although they aren't cheap!).
Google (as ever) is your friend:
shorturl.at/HJW12 

Edited to get link to work!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Level 31: Resolver

Hi @Marjo and @Mi-Amigo
Autumn is the perfect time for gardening. Getting ready for spring. Most things can be planted or moved from October. Bulbs can be planted from September. Lawns raked and edged seeded etc from September to about October. Don't know what kind of garden you have at your new place but great timing. Can always fit some gardening in between sorting cleaning and deorating 😁 Actually you'll be glad to get outside. Don't forget chair/table for coffee or tea and relax.
I'm as excited as you.

Highlighted

@gmarkj wrote:

Congrats on finding somewhere you can settle a bit more @Marjo.
You could always buy a ready made product that you put together (although they aren't cheap!).
Google (as ever) is your friend:
shorturl.at/HJW12 

Edited to get link to work!

@gmarkj 

That url simply takes you to short url, not showing any ready made product?

*The Game Is On*