Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,234
2,233 REPLIES 2,233

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

today yesterday

My son Alex called me ... ... ... Always gives me a boost to hear his voice ... ... ... We chatted about his gran and his wife Emma who has begun her new pharmacy job in Sunderland = she will be administering Covid vaccines ... but ... so far she hasn't been jabbed herself ... maybe ... next week as this week has been induction

Same here, I work at the center (yes, it only takes place in for example congress centers!) here, but not being jabbed myself...

The job is fun, cool people, lovely patients (over 80 and medical workers are getting them right now, all other categories have to wait still. 

(We are very slow, it's a pain in the a$$).

But it feels good to be part of the front against Covid. 

Today I got a day off of my boyfriend, since he had online school starting in january, he was home way too often (he is an EMT and moves on to become a paramedic too). Soon I'll order a Gyros from a good restaurant and enjoy the evening at home (where else you could go when it's lockdown? ... At least restaurants are allowed to offer take away)...

And we thank you for continually putting yourself out there to save & protect the rest of us pray

Message 2051 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous 

It's nice to see someone appreciating what I do slight_smile 

Hope to do AstraZeneca tomorrow (it's easier as it's not that regulated as Biontech)

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 2052 of 2,234

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I see any service worker I always mimic a clap or say thank you for their service, beats clapping on a doorstep everyday!

Message 2053 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous 

This afternoon they stopped AstraZeneca (I stitched 58 people in the morning shift with it).... And tomorrow I'm on Astra too, so it's totally unclear if I have work tomorrow 😞

It's really so fun at the center. Now in week 5 I know so much people, it feels a bit like pandemic family XD

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2054 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@Anonymous 

This afternoon they stopped AstraZeneca (I stitched 58 people in the morning shift with it).... And tomorrow I'm on Astra too, so it's totally unclear if I have work tomorrow 😞

It's really so fun at the center. Now in week 5 I know so much people, it feels a bit like pandemic family XD

All a bit stupid, stopping Astra Zeneca, because 28 people out of two million have experienced blood clots. A lot lower than the number in 2019/2020 who suffered blood clots before the vaccination programme began.

Those who have had the Pfizer vaccine have recorded 25 people with thrombosis post vaccine.

We need to stop looking for conditions which happen post vaccine and blaming the vaccine for it.

To me it's similar to those deaths recorded as 'due to Covid-19', when a high percentage of those had pre-disposing conditions which meant they would have died anyway.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2055 of 2,234

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Very very sorry to hear that AZ vaccine has been stopped @ComaChameleon
This is a poor decision people need as much support and help to get their vaccine ....hope your people get a vaccine soon❤

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2056 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Especially as it gained trust again for like 1,5 weeks and after that stop, the doubts are deeper then before. I bet many won't get it then because they are unsure. 

That's the point, to set it into relation to the "normal" status. 

And many people ask why the antibaby-pill is still on the market, it's far more dangerous.

For now it's stopped all over, no one at the center this morning knew what to do. So we sat with 2 persons in one and doubled the boxes for Biontech - but the appointments stayed the same, so 6 boxes full of bored people. 

Here deaths are "with covid" or "of covid", but still those bodies need to be cremated and threathed different (the undertaker needs to use more protection, extra warning signs on the coffin etc).

@TallTrees 

Thank you, I hope so too. 

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2057 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@ComaChameleon 

Really sad to hear decisions of the government are affecting so many Anna. cry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2058 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

TV said there are more cases here - 21. But nowhere else this number is shown. 

Is there any report about it in your news? 

😞

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2059 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@ComaChameleon 

In total across the UK and EU there have been 37 cases of thrombosis recorded. Just seen on the news that the EU minister is appalled that the AZ vaccine has been halted and has called for it to be reinstated. The governing medical body for the EU will present their findings on Thursday.

Also just announced the concern again that all this will stop people wanting the vaccine.cry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2060 of 2,234