Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,224
2,223 REPLIES 2,223

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
And you know what I was right you can see *bleep* partying at the fireworks.. so I wasn’t wrong, just too wrong..

Ah well start the year as you mean to go on /facepalm

Yep, partying in 2019, not 2020...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2041 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh they were partying (picture elsewhere)
Message 2042 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

The KLF are back, read HERE 

Message 2043 of 2,224

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10670 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
No snow...
Very 😊 happy

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2044 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waking up, albeit early for me generally, and after a bathroom visit (I know tmi tmi) was not ready to go back to sleep

Off to visit my mum 89 lunchtime today ... sometimes mum is happy to get the photograph albums out and reminisce ... ... ... at other times - we sit quietly just keeping each other company slight_smile

Message 2045 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a good time with mum today @Anonymous.

I saw a news item the other day where an elderly lady in a care home, came alive when the home installed a piano. She was a musician in her youth and although she hadn't played for years and is now suffering with Alzheimers, she astounded everyone by playing superb music. From classical to more modern tunes. It was very touching...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2046 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff ... thank you ... mum and me had a good time together today ... mum was a bit quiet, but then so was I ... just keeping each other company

Lovely to hear about the elderly lady who came alive playing the piano in the care home slight_smile

Message 2047 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waking up early eg 6am ish slight_smile

Cat wanted attention ... so ... went downstairs to feed him and brewed a cuppa slight_smile

Message 2048 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

today yesterday

My son Alex called me ... ... ... Always gives me a boost to hear his voice ... ... ... We chatted about his gran and his wife Emma who has begun her new pharmacy job in Sunderland = she will be administering Covid vaccines ... but ... so far she hasn't been jabbed herself ... maybe ... next week as this week has been induction

Alex's soft voice sounded folorn slight_frown he'd be missing his wife ... even their cat Juno was missing Emma ... ... ... Alex had been tending to the cat's every need and been given the bum's rush

I did what any mum would do which was to check he was eating alright + did he have his lunch away from his home office, like a proper lunch break but at home ... ... ... told him the funny about the grate and the yard brush this week ... ... ... told him of my using the rollator to get to the medical practice in the snow ... ... ... there has been snow in Leeds ... ... ... he's in their home alone with the cat ... ... ... just don't want him to get attacked with anxiety

Alex is a busy man ... so ... the system is he calls me ... I am here 24 / 7 + 365 for him and he knows this

The two of them Facetime each evening heart

Hope Emma can travel home tomorrow evening 

Message 2049 of 2,224

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

today yesterday

My son Alex called me ... ... ... Always gives me a boost to hear his voice ... ... ... We chatted about his gran and his wife Emma who has begun her new pharmacy job in Sunderland = she will be administering Covid vaccines ... but ... so far she hasn't been jabbed herself ... maybe ... next week as this week has been induction

Same here, I work at the center (yes, it only takes place in for example congress centers!) here, but not being jabbed myself...

The job is fun, cool people, lovely patients (over 80 and medical workers are getting them right now, all other categories have to wait still. 

(We are very slow, it's a pain in the a$$).

But it feels good to be part of the front against Covid. 

Today I got a day off of my boyfriend, since he had online school starting in january, he was home way too often (he is an EMT and moves on to become a paramedic too). Soon I'll order a Gyros from a good restaurant and enjoy the evening at home (where else you could go when it's lockdown? ... At least restaurants are allowed to offer take away)...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 2050 of 2,224