Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,224
2,223 REPLIES 2,223

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very pleased for you @Marjo  and Arthur and Drake smiling

You'll enjoy getting your new home to how you like it

A catio sounds great for your cats

I can imagine you sat outside with a cup of coffee with iced donut

Very best wishes for happiness in your new home Cat Very Happy

Message 1831 of 2,224

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

An 11th birthday party - youngest child got a celebratory Chinese take-out and to watch Avengers Age of Ultron - he knows more about it than I do!

Message 1832 of 2,224

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sounds lovely @pgn.

Only good thing about the 'government restrictions', you are not allowed to have massive childrens parties, costing an arm and a leg!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1833 of 2,224

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sounds lovely @pgn.

Only good thing about the 'government restrictions', you are not allowed to have massive childrens parties, costing an arm and a leg!!

Every cloud, @Cleoriff. 😉 It was just 5 yesterday eve. 👍

Message 1834 of 2,224

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Now here's a thing... and it's about time the big carriers were told to wind their necks in on their practice of cancelling your return leg ticket if you miss the outward leg journey:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-8735999/I-took-BA-court-cancelled-return-ticket...

The budget airlines do not tend to do this, as far as I know - I had to change plans years ago for work, meaning the outward leg of a Ryanair flight was missed (the company I worked for flew me back from my short-notice  business trip to the US all the way to Hannover to join my family on the first night of our planned holiday), and my return leg home with Ryanair still worked fine, no issues!

The bigger carriers have sold a seat, then cancelled the ticket under the "No-show Rule", and resold the seat - quite a nice little earner, if you think about it, and BA, Virgin, AF, QANTAS all do it.

Hooray for the small claims court! Now if only the greed of these huge companies could be hit so that they change their terms and conditions in the way that some of the low-cost airlines do!

Made my day, that has 👍😉

Message 1835 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's a long time since I flew with a large carrier @pgn so I had no idea they could do this!!

Cheap and cheerful Ryanair to Spain was my last experience.

Good for her taking them on and winning.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1836 of 2,224

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Congrats on finding somewhere you can settle a bit more @Marjo.
You could always buy a ready made product that you put together (although they aren't cheap!).
Google (as ever) is your friend:
shorturl.at/HJW12 

Edited to get link to work!

@gmarkj 

That url simply takes you to short url, not showing any ready made product?

Not sure why that didn't work, so have tried with a different URL shortener...

Hopefully this one works!

https://tinyurl.com/yx9a7qso 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1837 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That works @gmarkj and it's great. although I do prefer those which have branches and small tree trunks in allowing the cat to climb.

I saw one one built outside the bedroom (Patio window) of a house. It's base rested on the roof of their conservatory. It had tree trunks and branches in it. Even grass. Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1838 of 2,224

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I tried finding pictures of one some friends built themselves in Scotland, but can't find them.
They live in the 2nd floor of a manse house, and built an enclosure like that around some small trees with a run from a window down to it.
Was very impressive and was because they owned and bred rare breed cats (like Absynnian, Russian Blue and Devon Rex) and wanted them to be able to go "outside" but be safe.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1839 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine with 5 cats has built a catio themselves from some sort of small wire mesh and lengths of wood. Entrance from the house is by the downstairs utility room small window ... there are places for the cats to sit and enjoy being outside in safety ... sorry no picture.

Message 1840 of 2,224