Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,224
2,223 REPLIES 2,223

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
You could well be right @ComaChameleon and I've just been unlucky.

Haven't been on tbe DLR in years. But I thought Heron Quays was just a name from the days when herons were there. However, you could be right. There are large parts of London I'm unfamiliar with.

As long as it is like that... It's good wink

If you're tired of Ldn, you're tired of life ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 71 of 2,224

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Absolutely true @ComaChameleon. And after over 48 years in London I still never tire of this fantastic city. There are only 2 other places I could comfortably live in the UK and they are York and Edinburgh.

Not likely to move now at my age so will probably be in London forever. No bad thing 😁
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 72 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
Absolutely true @ComaChameleon. And after over 48 years in London I still never tire of this fantastic city. There are only 2 other places I could comfortably live in the UK and they are York and Edinburgh.

Not likely to move now at my age so will probably be in London forever. No bad thing 😁

I've lived in York @Glory1 it is a fantastic place, lots of the city to explore ... shame my marriage ended my stay there ... used to luv walking on the walls Dance

I havn't been in London in 23 years ... can't think I'll get there again, but love the time I've spent there from school trips when a kid slight_smile

What made me happy today ...

the sun Image result for sun images free

Message 73 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes the sun has such an impact on me. Love it. Long light nights. Early sunshine when you wake up.  Went to see some friends today ...it was great sitting in their garden playing catch up.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 2,224

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You wouldn't recognise London today @Anonymous. It has changed a great deal since you were last here and not necessarily for the better. I can't speak for all of London, of course, just the West End and the part of central London I live in.

There used to be craft shops where I live and a number of small shops selling things for the home. There were also several food shops. Now there are only 2 supermarkets; one very good Waitrose and one much less so The Co-op. The craft shops are long gone. In their place are many boutiques which don't last long because no-one shops in them. But one closes and another opens. And still no-one shops in them.

I love London for the culture, the fact that I have both bus and tube available to me (bus preferable), the entertainment choices available etc.

And as I haven't driven for years moving out of central London would make my getting out and about even more difficult.

Oh and the sunny weather cheers me up too as long as it doesn't get too hot and humid. Then I just feel ill.

Message 75 of 2,224

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well sun has gone so I shall sulk. Currently dull and apparently waiting for a thunderstorm...Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 2,224

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very sunny here in Manchester from what I can see through my cell ward window wink

Message 77 of 2,224

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Very sunny here in Manchester from what I can see through my cell ward window wink

We had a massive thunderstorm at about 4:30am this morning....overcast and cooler now.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 78 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had half hour thunderstorm ... air much fresher now ... no sun slight_frown

fantastic that you live in the centre of London @Glory1

I was to go see my son Alex & his wife Emma today to view their USA honeymoon pictures ... but was unwell in the night Sad

Message 79 of 2,224

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Air fresher here too @Anonymous but no thunderstorm unless it happened while I slept. The sun is out but not very strong and the sky is white with cloud rather than blue. Could be the thunderstorm is yet to come but on the way. Very breezy.

Sky has gone a pale blue as I typed this so who knows what'll happen next.

What made me very happy today streaming "Bosch" through Amazon Prime Video in 4K 😁 I may not be able to afford a 4K TV yet but I can watch 4K on my phone. Magic 😄👍👌

Message 80 of 2,224