Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,224
2,223 REPLIES 2,223

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Pouring down here for the last 2 days. Just hope it revives the the bushes, shrubs and flowers that have been neglected for these last 3 months. Still 28°C outside though.... 

Message 61 of 2,224

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

and... where is the sun today???? We want it back! D'oh!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 62 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw a pair of swans on the canal with 10 cygnets slight_smile ... I'll try & get a photo, but I'm no Lord @viridis III 

Message 63 of 2,224

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw a pair of swans on the canal with 10 cygnets slight_smile ... I'll try & get a photo, but I'm no Lord @viridis III 

@Anonymous you have just taught me a new English word. I had to google what a 'cygnet' is. I have a list of new words I keep from mobile word games that was inspired by @Glory1 some time ago so this will go on the list. grin

Yesterday I saw a beautiful heron just standing in the middle of a reflecting pool near my home. Never seen one live before!

Message 64 of 2,224

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I can safely say @Marjo that your English is far superior to my Finnish...😄 and possibly even my English! English is by far the most difficult language to learn even for those of us who supposedly grew up speaking it.

And even though I'm English-speaking I'm still learning new words playing the various word games. Words I never heard of before.

Never seen a live heron @Marjo that must have been beautiful.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 65 of 2,224

ComaChameleon
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1

Are herons that rare in the uk? I see at least one in a week.o_o

Yesterday I talked to my (hopefully new) old boss when I was in Cologne by chance during a transport. I asked to get my hours certified another way like before, so I can finish my apprenticeship sooner as expected and leave my current watch. And I got it in the mail just today. Didn't expected it so fast. It made me kinda happy. Just 1 hour and 40 minutes left of the hours I need. Yay.

Aswell as having my "vacation-dog" here again until tomorrow - that makes me happy too. ❤️

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 66 of 2,224

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Don't know if herons are rare in the UK @ComaChameleon but I've never seen one except on TV. Could be because I live in London though I am near the Thames.

I see plenty of pidgeons and sea gulls. There are also numerous birds in the trees in the backyard but I have no idea what they are as I hear, but don't see, them.

Message 67 of 2,224

ComaChameleon
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1

Always thought they're (even in Ldn) common, because of "Heron Quays" on the DLR. But never thought too deep about it

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 68 of 2,224

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You could well be right @ComaChameleon and I've just been unlucky.

Haven't been on tbe DLR in years. But I thought Heron Quays was just a name from the days when herons were there. However, you could be right. There are large parts of London I'm unfamiliar with.

Message 69 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to Google what DLR means ... = ... Docklands Light Railway ... there used to be a heron on the Leeds Liverpool Canal here in Skipton late on a summer night, it stood stock still looking for fish

Today my son rang me, we had a lovely conversation ... he's invited me to view his American honeymoon photos on Saturday Bouncy

Message 70 of 2,224