cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has made me LAUGH today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heard the one about the cat that ran up the chimney? ffs / lolz

My lad rings me about 7pm = unusual, as this comes under 'Quality time with his missus'

We have a chat about finalizing arrangements for me to see him tomorrow in the suburbs of Leeds 

We come up with a plan

I enquire after my daughter-in-law & after their new 6 year old rescue cat Juno

He's run up the chimney mum Cat Tongue

Has it been cleaned I ask

No says son

They've recently moved into their 1st own house = built late 1930's

I ask is he covered in soot ... is he black

Well, says son, he is grey ... now Juno is a white / black cat

How did you clean him asks I

He's cleaned himself mum

Discussion follows about pet wipes as my ginger / white cat Marty's white bits are looking distinctly grubby

50 + 50 + 50 shades of grey ... oh yes ... there is soot grey now 

& we all thought of *as black as soot* ... 

*Titters* LOL

fyi ... yes, there are days (I don't count them, deliberately so) when I have sweet FA to laugh about Cat

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

What an adventure LOL

I'd love to see a photo ofJuno, pre or post cleaning following his little exploration smiling Have fun today with your son, @Anonymous!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Juno.jpg

@EmilieT wrote:

What an adventure LOL

I'd love to see a photo ofJuno, pre or post cleaning following his little exploration smiling Have fun today with your son, @Anonymous!

No photos of 'The Grey Puss' @EmilieT ... this is a photo the mum of my daughter-in-law sent to me ... it is elsewhere on the forum on a post in the thread 'What made me happy today' in the off-topic section

Had 'The Most Delightful Day' yesterday ... ... ... got home about 11:20pm wink ... ... ... my cat Marty was waiting for me ... = ... he saw / heard me coming over the canal swing bridge

(1)  Emma my daughter-in-law was there = typical my lad = he didn't think to tell me she has Wednesday's off at her new job

(2) Presents went down well

(3) house & garden has much that they have done in it already ... but ... with more to do = Alex is enjoying himself ripping up the floorboards up in their biggest upstairs room = the one over the garage & will be re-doing ensuite & putting in fitted wardrobes ... ... ... then they expect to move from their existing very nice bedroom into the work-in-progress bigger room

garden has a shed in corner = tin with pebbledash finish + square parched lawn + 2 large cordylines + very large ash tree in bottom boundary hedge so shade created + Yorkstone patio with dark wooden outdoor furniture on it including sun brolly ... the lots of variegated ivy @Cleoriff had to be cut back as Alex told me it was lifting up the flags ... washing lines across the lawn ... large hedge boundaries ... ... ... he rang me later in the evening to say he had the sprinkler on the lawn & had been clipping back the hedges = he filled up so many black plastic bags of garden waste to an already full brown bin he took them to the tip where there were suitable skips for garden waste

Just noticed I've posted in wrong thread - LAUGH thread ... & ... should be HAPPY thread 

Wispa' feeling Cat Bouncy Happy Dance

Edited for 2 capital letters

Message 3 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

He did well to get rid of the Ivy @Anonymous. One of the most invasive plants ever and the bane of my life in my garden.

Years ago I planted 1 stalk of Ivy (I had pulled it off a wall as I walked past). That one stalk took hold and covered a fence, eventually bringing it down with the weight!!. It also starting covering the back of the garage and needs hacking down.

I now have it creeping through from 2 neighbours gardens at the back and the side of me. Hateful stuff. Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

He did well to get rid of the Ivy @Anonymous. One of the most invasive plants ever and the bane of my life in my garden.

Years ago I planted 1 stalk of Ivy (I had pulled it off a wall as I walked past). That one stalk took hold and covered a fence, eventually bringing it down with the weight!!. It also starting covering the back of the garage and needs hacking down.

I now have it creeping through from 2 neighbours gardens at the back and the side of me. Hateful stuff. Smiley Mad

He's got it decently trimmed back @Cleoriff ... but ... I doubt he'd be able to get rid of it completely, the thickness of the, well, branches are now like small tree trunks ... I'm not over-stating the issue either ... he is enjoying working in the house & in the garden especially because this is his 1st garden of his own = previously they have been in rented properties with either no garden or a garden which needs work doing to it - here he just did the basics eg cutting the lawn & keeping the weeds down = no incentive to do anything more = he's wanted a garden of his own for quite some time ... = ... his dad (my x-husband) is a landscape architect / urban design consultant & his 2 grandmas both enjoyed gardening ... me? I just sat back & enjoyed all the gardens my x-husband created ... ... ... my only veto was a pond - this I just would not have with a young son who enjoyed playing in the garden as kids do sunflower

Edited for spelling

Message 5 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If the trunks are thick enough @Anonymous get him to hammer copper nails into them. (some will say this is a myth, but I know from experience it works with ivy) He needs to saw the ivy down to a stump close to the ground, then hammer the copper nails in.

That will stop any further growth.

There are products he could use to kill them off BUT as he has a cat, these should be avoided at all costs wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

If the trunks are thick enough @Anonymous get him to hammer copper nails into them. (some will say this is a myth, but I know from experience it works with ivy) He needs to saw the ivy down to a stump close to the ground, then hammer the copper nails in.

That will stop any further growth.

There are products he could use to kill them off BUT as he has a cat, these should be avoided at all costs wink

Thank you very much @Cleoriff ... I'll get this info to him later in the day ... oh yes, always to be mindful of the cat(s) around Cat

Message 7 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Juno.jpg

No photos of 'The Grey Puss' @EmilieT ... this is a photo the mum of my daughter-in-law sent to me ... it is elsewhere on the forum on a post in the thread 'What made me happy today' in the off-topic section

Had 'The Most Delightful Day' yesterday ... ... ... got home about 11:20pm wink ... ... ... my cat Marty was waiting for me ... = ... he saw / heard me coming over the canal swing bridge 

Looks adorable, thanks for the photo @Anonymous Cat

So glad you had such an amazing day Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google 'Pampas Grass' for a laugh LOL

Message 9 of 27

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote: