cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you guys think of this idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an idea earlier of putting various how to's and useful videos that I've come across on the net and perhaps reviews too, onto my YouTube channel. And from there share the link to my YouTube channel on these forums so that users could visit my YouTube channel regularly and see what additions I've added. The videos would be in one place, rather than spread out on various places on the net. So it would be just a case of visiting my YouTube channel to watch/see the videos.

I'm also planning on when I get my iMac next year and I get the necessary software, to record my own how to's, mostly by recording the screen and sound on my iMac with some software and also with the addition of some other software, record my iPhone screen too. I thought this would be particularly good for if I were trying to give someone some help, tips, guide etc and I could then just share the link to the video and they could watch it, pause it so that they could follow the video at their own pace. But this will be next year. In the mean time I would add useful videos that I've come across on the net.

Perhaps it could be possible to have my how to's thread, guides, stickied so that it would always be visible on the forums. But I would need to see if Leonard or Toby could sticky it?

I'm not sure what section of the forum I would post my how to's thread, guides in, as the videos would be for a variety of different things, perhaps a large percentage though would be for the iPhone/iOS, but like I said it would be for a variety of different things.

Where do you guys think it would be best to add the thread?

What do you guys think of the idea?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I love the idea:)

I think it would be best to sticky them above with the FAQs in each section as is becomes available.

Great idea:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very good idea and it would add to what O2 have done, and probably a lot quicker:

http://www.o2.co.uk/guru

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
To be fair those O2 how too videos are quite terrible 😞
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very basic but a starting point.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
I love the idea:)

I think it would be best to sticky them above with the FAQs in each section as is becomes available.

Great idea:)

Thanks for that Liquid.

I agree, I think it best to place them where you said. For example iPhone, iPad related guides etc would go in the iOS FAQ's, and if we get a computer section, then I could add computer related how to's etc into the FAQ'S for this section, and Mac related how to's in the Mac section.

I really hope it would be possible to have the sub sections that you mentioned in your other post. I think it would draw a lot more users to the forum and also not just when they are having problems, has the reviews and how to's guides etc would probably be good to watch by  users who have an interest in that kind of thing.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the input, opinions etc its much appreciated.

Im going to send Leonard and Toby a message and once I hear back from either Toby or Leonard to see if it will be possible to have the How to's, guides etc stickied in the relevant section, I'll then start adding videos etc to my YouTube channel and from there add the link to my YouTube channel in the sections on here.

Its going to be vitally important that the how to's, guides etc get stickied has otherwise they will eventually get lost further down the forum and out of sight from users.

Ill update this thread once I hear back from either Leonard or Toby with the outcome.

Thanks again guys.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to update this post the other day. I got a message off of Leonard over the weekend saying that:

"Great suggestion, I think it's a really good idea to do more with video's in FAQs. Let me give it some thought on how we could implement that. Perhaps we could even integrate them in the current FAQs, but I'll come back to this after the weekend".

Message 8 of 8