18-09-2012 08:51 - edited 18-09-2012 08:52
So, on the main iPhone thread it seems that most people have taken the sensible route and preordered their iPhone.
I suffer from both a lack of patience and a lack of reliable delivery drivers so have decided to brave Q'ing outside my local O2 in Poole on Friday morning.
This will be the second time I have queued for an iPhone, last time was for the 4. Think it's going to be a bit colder at 5am this time!
Here is what I think I will be taking with me:
* Camping chair - I don't mind sitting on the floor but last time, some bloke in one of those street cleaners insisted on coming along and soaking the floor at about 7am...I'm far too lazy to stand when I should be in bed so a chair is a must
* Flask of coffee - you do not want to be near me when I don't have any coffee. There is a starbucks not too far away but as I will be on my own I won't be able to leave the queue to go get one.
* iPod - my Galaxy SII goes through battery life crazy fast so definitely think a different source of music is needed
* magazine - nothing like a few nudey royal pictures to brighten my morning ???
*Brolly and rain coat - because if it can rain, it will!
I'm no doubt going to be the only girl down there to start with so may have to brush up on my techie knowledge as I am sure all the chat is going to be 4G/LTE etc based
Anything else you think I will need? What will you be taking down to queue?
Where are you going and what time will you be getting there? I'm hoping 5am is early enough!
18-09-2012 09:32 - edited 19-09-2012 10:39
- Comfortable shoes - lots of walking back and forth keeping the queue updated.
- Freshly ironed O2 / iPhone launch t-shirt.
- Demo iPhone5 - I will find someone who has not researched every feature of the phone this year.
- Clipboard and paper - they make me look more inteligent, plus I may need to take some notes.
- Tariff sheet & competitor information, always nice to compare.
- Bank card and current phone - if I can not fight off the temptation to go back to the iSide.
On the flip side if I were a customer:
Things to do before I leave the house:
- Back up my current phone through either iTunes or iCloud.
- Check my upgrade date - last thing I want is to get there and find I cant have it now
- Check the cost of the different sizes - what if all the 32Gb versions sell out first... can I make do with a 16Gb or could I trade my current phone in to cover the cost of a 64Gb...hmmmm.
Things I may need in the queue:
- Friend, family, placeholder... what if I suddenly need the toilet? Did I put enough on the parking meter?
- Refreshments - my store had some last year, but what I really need is a full english... send placeholder to fetch.
- Porta Potty - you forgot to bring your placeholder, drop the shame and go where you stand/sit (I am not responsible for for the consequences, just sayin').
- Layer up - English weather is always unpredictable, multiple layers means plenty of options.
- Night light - whether it is very early morning or the night before, if you are using your phone as your only light source it will be dead by morning.
- Portbale battery charger - if your phone goes dead you may be forced to make small talk with fellow queue members.
I may add more as I think of things
on 18-09-2012 11:48
And I thought drug addiction was a big problem in the UK
I'd never thought of it like that but the symptoms are very similar :
1. First thing to have on waking up
2. Repeated use during the day
3. Withdrawal effects if it's not available to use (lost/stolen/broken)
4. When new strain comes on the market, must have it immediately
5. Increased use over period of time
6. In denial if questioned about use
18-09-2012 13:51 - edited 18-09-2012 13:52
Anything else you think I will need?
No all weather sleeping bag in pink?
Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
on 18-09-2012 14:06