cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your survival tips for queueing for the iPhone 5 on Friday?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

So, on the main iPhone thread it seems that most people have taken the sensible route and preordered their iPhone.

I suffer from both a lack of patience and a lack of reliable delivery drivers so have decided to brave Q'ing outside my local O2 in Poole on Friday morning.

This will be the second time I have queued for an iPhone, last time was for the 4.  Think it's going to be a bit colder at 5am this time!

Here is what I think I will be taking with me:

* Camping chair - I don't mind sitting on the floor but last time, some bloke in one of those street cleaners insisted on coming along and soaking the floor at about 7am...I'm far too lazy to stand when I should be in bed so a chair is a must

* Flask of coffee - you do not want to be near me when I don't have any coffee.  There is a starbucks not too far away but as I will be on my own I won't be able to leave the queue to go get one.

* iPod - my Galaxy SII goes through battery life crazy fast so definitely think a different source of music is needed

* magazine - nothing like a few nudey royal pictures to brighten my morning ???

*Brolly and rain coat - because if it can rain, it will!

I'm no doubt going to be the only girl down there to start with so may have to brush up on my techie knowledge as I am sure all the chat is going to be 4G/LTE etc based

Anything else you think I will need?  What will you be taking down to queue? 

Where are you going and what time will you be getting there?  I'm hoping 5am is early enough!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm going for the bare essentials.. 

• Place holder (reluctant partner)
  • 3 layers of clothing (you never know!) 
  • Fully charged iPhone & iPad (I'm case the other queuers are a bit dull!)
  • Camp chair
  • Haribo! (so very important!)
  • Coffee and breakfast to be provided by next door McD! (as well as facilities!)

The only thing I'm unsure of is the time to arrive - store opens at 8am... Queue at 6am??

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are u going to Apple?

im heading to O2 about 430 , but I'm after a payg which will be limited so I can't take any chances!

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like most of you will be well equipped enough to do the four peaks, never mind waiting outside a retail store for a mobile phone !

To the females doing this please think ahead and take someone with you just for safety sake.

Their are going to be night club stragglers in the main city centres at that time and you wont want to be alone.

Good luck and dont forget to leave your first thoughts on the forums.

Message 13 of 13