What are your plans for the weekend?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Weekend plans

Happy Friday evening guys, looking forward to the weekend? sun

I'd love to hear what you have planned for Saturday/Sunday. My plan includes...

1. Playing World of Warcraft in pyjamas
  2. Having a walk along the canal (only if it's sunny and nice outside though)
  3. Relax on the sofa with mobile games, delicious snacks and a nice drink
  4. Hiking 25 miles in the highlands with my cats and sleeping in a tent.

One of these might not happen.

What about you? slight_smile

Message 1 of 636
635 REPLIES 635

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good evening everyone! Before going off for the weekend, I wanted to check what you guys were going to get up to over the next two days? I can guess that some will be watching the F1, and maybe cricket as well ... but let me know what your plans are for this weekend! ☀️

I'll be taking it easy tomorrow myself, and Sunday I'll be off to Twickenham to watch the Finals of an eSports championship. I'll take some pictures and maybe make a topic on it next week, it's my first time going to an eSports event so I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience slight_smile

Have a great one!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 611 of 636

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As F1 is back after the summer break @EmilieT , that will take care of my viewing (and me) for pretty much the whole weekend Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 612 of 636

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff I penciled it down for Monday to check the F1 thread, I'm sure you'll share the highlights in there - fingers crossed it's a good weekend for F1! smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 613 of 636

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Enjoy the F1 @Cleoriff ! 🏎️ 🏎️ 🏎

I don't have any specific plans. Might (maybe) see a friend somewhere in London. If that happens I will pop into a tea shop in Covent Garden to get something nice for a friend's birthday. She loves tea. My mum has more interesting plans, just heard - she is going to participate in a fishing competition among a group of friends. With a normal manual kind of fishing rod. 🎣

Message 614 of 636

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 615 of 636

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie Sounds like a nice weekend, I hope the sun did shine on cricket in the end slight_smile

@Cleoriff I'll catch up on the F1 news sometime today, but I hope it all went well for those you support!

signature

Message 616 of 636

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@EmilieT 

The F1 did go ok... but it was very subdued as the motor racing community lost one of it's young talents on Saturday. Anthoine Hubert a French  F2 driver, who was racing at the Spa circuit, tragically lost his life in a terrible accident on Saturday. He was 22 years old.

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/anthoine-hubert-obituary-and-tribute/4526592/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 617 of 636

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Thankfully not many drivers die nowadays but that lovely young man lost both his legs quite recently. @Cleoriff

Edited to mention his name

Billy Monger

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 618 of 636

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Thankfully not many drivers die nowadays but that lovely young man lost both his legs quite recently. @Cleoriff

Edited to mention his name

Billy Monger

Yes he did @TallTrees  and Billy Monger age 18, is an inspiration to all of us. He was fitted with artificial limbs and is now back racing in a specially adapted car. Also occasionally reports on F1 on Sky F1 channel.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 619 of 636

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's quite remarkable how the said young man adapted to losing both his legs so quickly. It's taken me 2 long years to get mobile after the loss of one leg. There again, he is a great deal younger but still an inspiration to me and others. 

It's been a sad weekend with the loss of a good friend here on the community but events elsewhere should not be forgotten. 

Message 620 of 636